Firewall Is Disabled

12346»

Comments

• I'm also getting the "'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

Also it shows:

Computer IPs: no networks detected

Gateways: no gateways set" error.

Will installing BitDefender 2011 over 2010 fix the problem? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and BitDefender 2010 Internet Security.

Thanks,

Paul

• Hi PDB,

In order to fix the issue you have with our Firewall, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before giving you the steps you need in order to upgrade, I need to know if your system is compatible with our new released version.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you.

• Paul Blouin
    edited October 2010

Hi Mihaela,

I've went ahead and upgraded both my machines to BitDefender 2011 and they are both running fine. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it. Now if only I could sort out my .NET 4 and Quicken 2009 issues. But thats for another forum.

Paul

• Hi PDB,

I am glad to know that you upgraded to BitDefender 2011. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you.

• I also have a similar problem. I installed BD Internet Security and the thing wouldnt update and kept telling me that a scan was already in progress when there wasnt anything going on. So i uninstalled and reinstalled. NOW my firewall wont enable. Updated fine, all that other stuff. When I click fix all it says is failed. I try to manually enable firewall and nothing happens. I had contacted someone about the updating problem previously and no one responded. So here goes my second problem. Can somebody please help me with this? I didnt pay $75 dollars to have half of the security I need. I am currently running Windows Vista, and everything is updated. No other Security installed and Defender and Windows firewall is disabled.

• I also have a similar problem. I installed BD Internet Security and the thing wouldnt update and kept telling me that a scan was already in progress when there wasnt anything going on. So i uninstalled and reinstalled. NOW my firewall wont enable. Updated fine, all that other stuff. When I click fix all it says is failed. I try to manually enable firewall and nothing happens. I had contacted someone about the updating problem previously and no one responded. So here goes my second problem. Can somebody please help me with this? I didnt pay $75 dollars to have half of the security I need. I am currently running Windows Vista, and everything is updated. No other Security installed and Defender and Windows firewall is disabled.

Did you install BDIS 2010 or 2011? You are posting in the 2010 forum.

Awaiting your reply,

• Did you install BDIS 2010 or 2011? You are posting in the 2010 forum.

Awaiting your reply,

Yes I am well aware I posted this in the 2010 forum. As I am running BDIS 2010 I figured this was the best place.

• OK, but I don't believe the developers are issuing updates to any 2010 release. Have you considered upgrading to the 2011 version? As long as your hardware meets the minimum requirements you can upgrade for free. You can find the details in this pinned topic.

• OK, but I don't believe the developers are issuing updates to any 2010 release. Have you considered upgrading to the 2011 version? As long as your hardware meets the minimum requirements you can upgrade for free. You can find the details in this pinned topic.

Okay so I did all of this, and now I have Bitdefender Internet security 2011 on my computer. NOW when It askes for my cd key, I assume I need to use the old one from 2010, I do this, and it tells me its already being used with another program. Now what?

• Okay so I did all of this, and now I have Bitdefender Internet security 2011 on my computer. NOW when It askes for my cd key, I assume I need to use the old one from 2010, I do this, and it tells me its already being used with another program. Now what?

I am sorry, getting too ahead of myself. It was simply for further upgrading, I actually didnt need, it. Just finalizing things now and setting up. Thanks for your help.

• No problem. :) Now that you have BD 2011 installed, remember to post any new topic in the 2011 forum rather than adding to this topic in the 2010 forum.

Regards,

• Hello,

Vista SP2 , this morning same problem

Had to reboot PC to solve the problem

post-4774-1289805759_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1289805771_thumb.jpg

• Hi Emile,

In order to solve this issue I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In case you are interested in, please access this link, there you have all the necessary information you need in order to use our new released version.

Thank you.

• mirror_xela
    edited January 2011

i've just instaled BDTS2010. i've registered and activated it. i've fixed all the issues, but one i cannot: my firewall is disabled and when i put BD to fix the problem it says "fail". at the firewall section the protection level is set on game mode and i can't put it lower because "Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!". please support. extremely appreciated :)

it's ok... i'll try what mihaela m. said. thanks

• Hi pave,

Thank you for posting here. In case your system is compatible with the 2011 version, I recommend you to install it and in case you encounter any difficulties with it, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!

• 

Hello all,

Unfortuantely this procedure is a little complicated and that is why we avoid posting it. We have sent you an email with this workaround and we would like you to reply if you have any difficulties in running those steps.

Thank you .

I just now upgraded to Windows 7 and I seem to be experiencing the same problem with BitDefender Internet Security 2010. Can you please email the same fix procedure? I googled a previous post on this forum for a patch but BitDefender flagged the download as a trojan.

thanx.

• Hi phineasj,

In order to solve this issue, I recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In the link below you have all the necessary informations you need in order to upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Thank you!

• Hello kunalkoool,

We have sent you a procedure that should help you re-enable the BitDefender firewall . Please reply to my email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

I need the same fis for same error..Please send to my email address asap

• Mihaela M.
    edited February 2011

Hi Acox,

Can you provide us with information about your system, please ? If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...). In order to see these info, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• I recently installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 but I can't enable the firewall as Iget this error "Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security service!"

can you please help me?

thanks

• Hi don68,

Can you tell me what operating system are you using and how much memory RAM does your PC have, please ?

Thank you!

• Hi Don,

I created a ticket on your behalf and sent you instructions via email on how to further investigate. Ticket ID: 201103011012895.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

P.S. Sorry Mihaela ;)

• Hi don68,

Can you tell me what operating system are you using and how much memory RAM does your PC have, please ?

Thank you!

Hello Mihaela!

Windows vista and i still got 160GB available...thanks

• I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

But firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

Also it shows:

Gateways: no gateways set

Our operating system is windows vista

Please help!

• Hi don68,

In order to solve this issue I would recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2011. More information about this process can be found in the following link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Thank you!

• 'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

Also it shows:

Gateways: no gateways set

i need help too~

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hi Mars and welcome to our forums.

Does your machine meet the system requirements to run Bitdefender 2012?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=42

Thank you.

• Buna seara!

Si eu am aceeasi problema. Imi puteti trimite, va rog, procedura magica de reparare?

Am instalat BIS 2011 (singurul pe care l-ati facut compatibil cu sistemul meu, Win XP x64). Mai precizez ca am toate update-urile la Windows, deci si cele de securitate.