Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Real Time Protection (disabled) And Last Scan Alerts

Options

My RTP is always disabled and BD cannot "fix" it. I also always see an alert that the PC has never been scanned and the virus scan module is unavailable. Sometimes after a reboot it will work properly but I'm 1/20 recently.

I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall on my primary partition vs a secondary partition as well. It's now running on my primary partition which is a 64gb SSD, don't think that matters.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Nick,

Can you post the steps you took to install then, to reinstall BitDefender ? Also please check and tell me if you have Windows Defender enabled or disabled as explained below.

Also can you please explain what you mean by

I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall on my primary partition vs a secondary partition as well
    ?

1. Click on the Start menu button;

2. Type in the Search field 'Windows Defender';

3. Click on the first listed entry;

4. If Windows Defender is disabled you should see a message like the one attached below. If the Windows Defender is enabled then you will need to disable:

- the scheduled Scanning;

- the real time protection;

- Scan programs that run on my computer;

(as shown in the second attached screenshot).

Looking forward to your answer!

post-20064-1299079109_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1299079120_thumb.jpg

• To uninstall: I used the "Repair or Remove" option in the BitDefender 2011 Start Menu folder.

To install: I downloaded the latest from the website and followed the steps. The only setting changed was to scan PC when idle = false

I've confirmed Windows Defender is disabled.

• Hi Nick,

Please read my answer in the topic below and let me know if the issue is now resolved. Please post your answer in this topic.

Click HERE

Regards,