Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Am I Getting Bmw Popups From Bitdefender?

Options

Why in the h-e-l-l am I getting popups from my bitdefender when I reboot and randomly throughout the day?! I did NOT buy multiple licenses for you guys to send me contest offers. I pay for you guys to block that sort of thing.

Comments

• George R.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Chester,

In order to disable the mentioned pop-ups, the BitDefender News option must be disabled.

-for BitDefender 2009/2010 users:

Open BitDefender in Advanced/Expert Mode, then go to General-> Settings and disable BitDefender News.

-for BitDefender 2011 users:

Select the Options button from the top-right corner of the BitDefender window -> Preferences -> General Settings tab -> disable the BitDefender News option (OFF)

• Hello Chester,

In order to disable the mentioned pop-ups, the BitDefender News option must be disabled.

Open BitDefender in Advanced/Expert Mode, then go to General-> Settings and disable BitDefender News.

Select the Options button from the top-right corner of the BitDefender window -> Preferences -> General Settings tab -> disable the BitDefender News option (OFF)

OH, I am getting these silly bitdefender ads too (on BIS 2010) !!!! I agree with the orginal poster, we have all paid Bitdefender quite a lot of money for a licence, and we get exposed to "Malware" adverts from Bitdefender !!! I don't mind if BD wants to bombard free or trial versions of their products with adverts, but not to their customer who have paid money to use BD.

The ONLY reason I selected to have "enabled" News from BD was because I thought it was importnat News that BD may need to tell its users about a virus outbreak etc... I did not think that BD would use their "News" option to try and put adverts on my PC. Well, News is now disabled on my BD !!

• Hello Chester,

Hi George,

with regards to your advice to turn off "News" option in BIS 2010 - The box ticked on says "News - security related notifications" :

George, can you tell me how an advert for BMW is a "security related notification" !!

BD should ONLY be using the "News" to tell us of a virus outbreak, not for your profits by trying to sell us products.

I Have NEWVER seen a security-related notification from BD, so why not?

Anyway, I have disabled News notification, because BD are only using it for adverts.

• I, too, am very annoyed at getting these popup ads. Please give us a way to opt out of them without unsubscribing from BitDefender News that might contain "security related notifications."

• Hello Chester,

Hi George, thank you for the reply. I will take care of this when I get to my customers site this afternoon. While I appreciate the fix, I am a little disappointed that I have to disable my news feature to avoid it. As the others have mentioned, maybe incorporate some sort of separate function for these types of advertisements and leave the news to the news. I know you probably have no direct hand in how the system is programmed, but I'm sure you have access to a suggestion box of some sort. Again, thank you.

• Hello everyone,

I have escalated the feedback provided in this topic to the respectful department and I can assure you that it will be taken into consideration and a middle way will be found. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to open a new topic, explain the situation and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards and a great weekend !

• Railroader
    edited April 2011
    Options

Why do I keep getting pop-up ads to renew BDP, and how do I turn them off, if this kind of stuff continues, I am going to switch to another anti-virus app, if I wanted to see ads, I would turn on the TV. Thank You

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please follow the steps from this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=106821

Thank you.