Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Agent Serious Error

Options

I have a destop running Windows XP SP2 with Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 installed. Recently when the window starting up, the bd icon showed up on the system tray while a Bitdefender report wizard pop up stating BD agent has encountered serious error. No matter I clicked "report" or "close" tag , another icon showed up on the system tray, and the report wizard showed up again. So I click to close the report wizard keeping the box "restart BD Agent" unchecked. Then all the icons disappearred from the system tray.

At the same timeI I found that the priacy control function was disable and the service status page is grey (I could not set the protection level) even I checked the box for priacy control.

I have used BD IS 2010 for nearly one year and it was ruuning well. I don't know if some recent BD update was a cause.

Please help to fix it.

Comments

• RayC - welcome to the forum. :)

I have 2 recommendations:

1. You need to upgrade your WinXP OS to SP3 and then all Microsoft critical updates.

2. If your PC meets the minimum system requirements (CPU & RAM), upgrade for FREE to BD Internet Security 2011 as explained in this topic. In that topic, you will find links to the minimum system requirements for BDIS 2011.

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    RayC - welcome to the forum. :)

1. You need to upgrade your WinXP OS to SP3 and then all Microsoft critical updates.

2. If your PC meets the minimum system requirements (CPU & RAM), upgrade for FREE to BD Internet Security 2011 as explained in this topic. In that topic, you will find links to the minimum system requirements for BDIS 2011.

Regards,

My destop marginally meet the minimum system requirement for BD 2011. Further, I would like to know whethre the BD IS 2010 is going to fade out soon due to some bug in it?

• wchu01
    Options

Any other suggested method for fixing the problem?

• Did you at least upgrade WinXP to SP3? That's the minimum supported.

Not sure what you mean by "whethre the BD IS 2010 is going to fade out soon due to some bug in it?" I am using BDAV 2009 on a very old and under powered laptop and it works fine. However, these previous releases infrequently receive updates anymore. The BD developers are concentrating on the current 2011 products.

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    RayC - welcome to the forum. :)

Regards,

May I know where the BD IS2011 (full version) could be downloaded for upgrade? The BD webpage provides a downlaod of a trail version, .

• The information you need can be found in this pinned topic. It contains links to the minimum system requirements as well as the link where you can find all of the full-file direct download links, for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of all the BD products.

The BD uninstall tool should be used to remove any previous versions of BD for a clean install and can be downloaded from HERE.

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    The information you need can be found in this pinned topic. It contains links to the minimum system requirements as well as the link where you can find all of the full-file direct download links, for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of all the BD products.

The BD uninstall tool should be used to remove any previous versions of BD for a clean install and can be downloaded from HERE.

Regards,

I have uninstalled and installed BD IS2010 but the same BD agent problem recurred. It seems BD crash with some system settings. I have made no changes to my system settings including Windows updates right before the occurence of the problem.

Could you help me to resolve it?

Regards

• You haven't posted if you installed SP3 on WinXP?!?

You posted that you "installed BD IS2010." Is there a particular reason you didn't upgrade to BDIS 2011?

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    You haven't posted if you installed SP3 on WinXP?!?

You posted that you "installed BD IS2010." Is there a particular reason you didn't upgrade to BDIS 2011?

Regards,

I have tried to upgaded Windows XP SP2 to SP3. but something made the upgrade fail

But anyway could you have solutoin for the BD agenet problem?

• @RayC - finding a solution to the BD Agent issue is going to involve 2 things; getting WinXP upgraded to SP3 and upgrading BD to the 2011 version.

Since you are having trouble upgrading to SP3, it indicates a deeper problem with your basic WinXP OS installation. You first need to find and resolve the problem with your OS that is preventing you from updating to SP3. Start with running the System File Check (SFC) as described HERE. Then, try again to upgrade to SP3. If you still have problems doing the SP3 upgrade, you will need to either contact Microsoft Support or get help from a local PC repair shop.

Use a file and Registry cleaner like CCleaner to remove old entries from your system.

If you can now upgrade to SP3, let us know and we can guide you through the steps to upgrade from BD 2010 to BD 2011.

Regards,