Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Critical Error - Bitdefender Agent

Options

I’m having the same problem as RAY C(post from 03/2011)

I keep on receiving the following message from the Bitdefender-agent:

Bitdefender agent has found a critical error

I tried to send the message as is being asked after completing with my e-mailadress + the problem that has occured.

After clicking the send and finish button also the Bitdefender icon disappears in the icon tray .

I work on a desktop PC (Windows Media Center – XP/service pack 3 and all essential Microsoft updates have been installed.

I also followed the advice of updating to Total Security 2011-the problem remains.

It is actually after the newest updates that this problem started.

The latest updates on 05/03/2011 : KB 2495644 Silverlight + KB 971029

Can anyone help out?

Comments

• Since you have upgraded to BDTS 2011, I'm moving this topic to the BD 2011 forum.

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello,

When you receive the message 'Bitdefender agent has found a critical error' ? When you start your PC ? Please try to reproduce the steps until the error occur. You mentioned that you upgraded from 2010 to 2011. How have you done that ?

Also follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

When you receive the message 'Bitdefender agent has found a critical error' ? When you start your PC ? Please try to reproduce the steps until the error occur. You mentioned that you upgraded from 2010 to 2011. How have you done that ?

Also follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

I started to receive the error message before I upgraded from 2010 to 2011.

But looking through the posts here it was recommended to upgrade to 2011 and have all the necessary Microsoft updates.

As a matter of fact the problem arose right after a few Microsoft updates on 05/03/2011 : KB 2495644 Silverlight + KB 971029

The upgrade 2011 I did from the website and followed the necessary steps, the removal of the 2010 version was done through these steps.

Rgds

• Hello,

As the issue persist I would like to try and resolve it together, via a remote session. I have created a ticket with ID: 201103091010679 and sent you instructions via email on how to continue troubleshooting.

Please reply and let me know what you decide.