Bitdefender Pchooklaunch64.exe Error

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

Since a couple of days, suddenly i get a message that says

PCHOOKLAUNCH64.exe

Unknown Software exception (0xc0000417)

Location 0X751a4fco

Please press..... to stop, close (or something like that)

And when i go to see in the program files from bitdefender, that file isn't there anymore (until i reboot the PC).

Bitdefender still runs, scans and updates.

I've seen that is still am using the version 14.0.24.330

Even right clicking in the tray icon won't update the version

I'm using Windows 7, 64-Bit

What is the problem?

Comments

• Hello,

Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View. Go to the Update module and click on 'Update Now'. Let me know what happens. Right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select 'About'. Post the build along with the language on the BitDefender software.

Regards,

• Hello,

Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View. Go to the Update module and click on 'Update Now'. Let me know what happens. Right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select 'About'. Post the build along with the language on the BitDefender software.

Regards,

Well,

I've tried it another way.

I did the following

This is on Win7 Dutch. 64-bit

Start => All Programms => Bitdefender 2011 => Repair, Change or remove.

There I chose Repair and Bitdefender repaired itself and since then there is no Pchooklaunch64.exe error

But, i did what you said.

Bitdefender updates (final update ok)

The language from bitdefender is Dutch.

Bitdefender internet security 2011: The build is 14.0.24.330

• Hi,

As the new build for the Dutch version of BitDefender has been released please make sure you also install it. You can do that by right click on the BitDefender icon and select 'Update Now'. Please let me know if the issue still occur.

The new build should be: 14.0.28.351

Regards,

• Hi,

As the new build for the Dutch version of BitDefender has been released please make sure you also install it. You can do that by right click on the BitDefender icon and select 'Update Now'. Please let me know if the issue still occur.

The new build should be: 14.0.28.351

Regards,

Now the new build is 14.0.28.351

• Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.