Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sockspy.dll Is A Component Of Bd Is 2010?

Options

what is the sockspy.dll file and its function? Is it a component part of BD IS2010? Previously I found it in the folder Windows\system32, but now it disappear.

Anyone can tell?

Comments

• wchu01
    Options

And also what is the functoin of arrakis3.exe file, soemtimes I could find by task manager that it is working while sometimes it doesn't.

Please tell

• Hi RayC,

Be informed that the files you mentioned belongs to BitDefender 2010. In order to solve the issues you have with them, we would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Information about this porcess can be found in the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Thank you!

• @RayC also has this topic opened where I have advised him to update his WinXP OS to SP3 and update BD to the 2011 version.

Regards,

• wchu01
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi RayC,

Be informed that the files you mentioned belongs to BitDefender 2010. In order to solve the issues you have with them, we would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Information about this porcess can be found in the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=91020

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. You mean the sockspy.dll is a file belonging BE 2010? How come I could not still find that file for the time being even I did the process of BDrepairing ?

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi RayC

Did you made any changes in the Bitdefender settings (Firewall or Antivirus Module) after you saw the said file in the folder Windows\system32 ?

• wchu01
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi RayC

Did you made any changes in the Bitdefender settings (Firewall or Antivirus Module) after you saw the said file in the folder Windows\system32 ?

I have made no change to the BD setting including Firewall or Anitviurs module.

Also I found registry entries in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"AppInit_DLLs="sockspy.dll"

"DeviceNotSelectedTimeout"="15"

"GDIProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00002710

"Spooler"="yes"

"swapdisk"=""

"TransmissionRetryTimeout"="90"

"USERProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00002710

should all these key values deleted or kept intact?

• Hi RayC,

Be informed that the place of "sockspy.dll" is in C:\Windows\System32 in order to be protected by the system. In case you want to continue using BitDefender 2010 we do not recommend you to delete it.

Thank you!

• wchu01
    Options
    Hi RayC,

Be informed that the place of "sockspy.dll" is in C:\Windows\System32 in order to be protected by the system. In case you want to continue using BitDefender 2010 we do not recommend you to delete it.

Thank you!

It is missing now. How / Where could I get back the sockspy.dll. Please help !

• Mihaela M.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hi RayC,

In order to solve this issue I recommend you to follow the advice given to you by nikki605 in THIS post.

Thank you!

• wchu01
    Options
    Hi RayC,

In order to solve this issue I recommend you to follow the advice given to you by nikki605 in THIS post.

Thank you!

If OS could not be upgraded to Windows Professional SP3, would the problem not be solved then?

I have seen a post by Gizmo 12 who has the same problem as me even he has upgraded it to BD IS 2011. It would make me reasonably to suspect that the effectiveness of just upgrading to BD IS2011.

Please help for finding a solution in addition to just the upgrading alernatives. Where I could i download the sockspy.dll file?

• Hi RayC,

In order further assist you please follow the steps I sent you via e-mail and reply me with the support tool which will be generated on your Desktop.

Thank you!

• wchu01
    Options
    Hi RayC,

In order further assist you please follow the steps I sent you via e-mail and reply me with the support tool which will be generated on your Desktop.

Thank you!

I have reply you via email for fixing the problem. Please have your solution as soon as possible.

thank you.

• Hi RayC,

You have the solution in the reply I sent you today.

Thank you!

• wchu01
    Options
    Hi RayC,

You have the solution in the reply I sent you today.

Thank you!

Just upgrading to BD IS 2011 is the only solutoin?? What go wrong with the BD 2010 products? How the BD 2010 products which have just been put to market for about two years were found so many bugs which could not be fixed?

• Hi RayC,

We have this recommendation for you because all the issues from our previous version has been solved in the new one. Note that your system is fully compatible with BitDefender 2011 and in case you encounter any issue with it, you can contact us anytime.

Thank you!

• wchu01
    Options
    Hi RayC,

We have this recommendation for you because all the issues from our previous version has been solved in the new one. Note that your system is fully compatible with BitDefender 2011 and in case you encounter any issue with it, you can contact us anytime.

Thank you!

Why can't you tell me what go worng with the BD agent for BD 2010 and solve it?

• wchu01
    Options

Why can't you tell me what go worng with the BD agent for BD 2010 and solve it?

The uninstall tool could not clear the registry entries completely. What should I do to have a clean installation?

• Because what Mihaela and I have been trying to tell you that you don't seem to want to accept is that the BD 2010 products are out of development. The last program change to BDIS 2010 was released on July 7, 2010. The developers have moved on to the BD 2011 product line.

You have 2 choices:

1) live with BDIS 2010 the way it is, or

2) upgrade to BDIS 2011 FOR FREE to see if your issue has been resolved. If you upgrade FOR FREE to BDIS 2011 and find that the issue is still present, then you can open a new topic in the BD 2011 forum and it will be investigated.

Why are you running the BD Uninstall Tool? Are you preparing to upgrade to BDIS 2011 or are you going to try a re-install of BDIS 2010? Did the BD Uninstall Tool run to normal completion? If it did, then that is all you need to do before running another BD installation. If the BD Uninstall Tool produced an error, then what is the exact error message?

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    Because what Mihaela and I have been trying to tell you that you don't seem to want to accept is that the BD 2010 products are out of development. The last program change to BDIS 2010 was released on July 7, 2010. The developers have moved on to the BD 2011 product line.

You have 2 choices:

1) live with BDIS 2010 the way it is, or

2) upgrade to BDIS 2011 FOR FREE to see if your issue has been resolved. If you upgrade FOR FREE to BDIS 2011 and find that the issue is still present, then you can open a new topic in the BD 2011 forum and it will be investigated.

Why are you running the BD Uninstall Tool? Are you preparing to upgrade to BDIS 2011 or are you going to try a re-install of BDIS 2010? Did the BD Uninstall Tool run to normal completion? If it did, then that is all you need to do before running another BD installation. If the BD Uninstall Tool produced an error, then what is the exact error message?

Regards,

How come the file vault functionality was no longer included in IS 2011 as in 2010 version? The files in file vault were lost !

• How come the file vault functionality was no longer included in IS 2011 as in 2010 version? The files in file vault were lost !

Yes, it was a development change decision. File Vault is now only in BD Total Security 2011.

Regards,

• wchu01
    Options
    Yes, it was a development change decision. File Vault is now only in BD Total Security 2011.

Regards,

how come u asked the BD IS 2010 user to upgrade to 2011 version for free while taking away some functionality of it ? The BD IS 2011 version is just reverted to the older veroin like 2009 !!

• Send a PM to George R. and explain your situation with File Vault when upgrading from BD 2010 to BD 2011. Include a link to this topic. He may be able to offer you a solution.

Regards,