Home Network Just Wont Let Me Create?

Hi

i have two computers that i have recently installed 2011 on , i create a network on my main computer and create it as a server , then when i try to enable on my second computer it says "this computer is currently being remotely managed by another computer on this network please disable and create your own network"

and it wont stop doing this regardless of what pc i use if i swap

any ideas?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2011

Hello,

Try to add the 2 PCs after reading the hints below:

- you have two PC: A and B ( A will be added as Server and B will be added as regular computer );

- you must have the same WORKGROUP on both PCs;

- you will enable Home Network on both PCs with the same password;

- I have added 2 screenshots for you to easier understand the module;

- yes, the message that you will see on the PC set as regular computer will be: "this computer is currently being remotely managed by another computer on this network please disable and create your own network";

- you will manage all PCs in the Home Network from a single PC, the one you added in the network as Server;

- you can also set the server PC as Update Server for that particular network (this feature is perfect for PCs not connected to the Internet but in the same local network - the server PC will get the latest updates from our servers via Internet then update all PCs through the server PC )

- you can find the PC B IP by using the 'ipconfig' command in a Command Prompt window (click on START -> RUN -> and type cmd ) as shown in the third attached screenshot.

If you still can't add the PCs please let me know and we will further investigate.

I hope you will find the above info useful.

Best regards,

Update: added the forth screenshot showing you the window where you must choose the type of PC you wish to add to the Home Network.

post-20064-1299984836_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1299984844_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1299984852_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1299985318_thumb.jpg