Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Major Problems With Bitdefender Antivirus 2011 In Vista?!

Options

I want to report major problems with Bitdefender antivirus 2011 (32-bit eng) in Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 (fully live up-to-date).

Built of BD? Sorry, It is already un-installed. But the problem was still present yesterday 10 march, and BD was fully up-to-data at that moment.

I do not use any other security software. So I use the Windows firewall.

These problems occur since using v2011, they disappear if I uninstall v2011. With v2010 eng I do not encounter these problems so I will roll back.

This are the problems that V2011 cause on my Vista pc:

- this services stuck: "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy"

Even if they run, they run not properly, they stuck invisible. So I'm not able to backup with "backup open files" enabled in eg Backup4all or FBackup.

- If I use OO Diskimage v5.5 I get always a BSOD (blue screed of dead) when mounting .omg images in Windows to explore!?

With v2010, no problem at all?!

- If I use Nero Vision (part of Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD) , I'm not able to load NVC project files, Vision stuck at 0% all the time.

If I create a new movie, I can import video's, but if i edit or add text, Vision is getting very unstable and crashes often (w/o BSOD). I have to close it via the task manager.

So I was uninstalling v2011 and everything is back to normal!!

Comments

• Hello,

I am not following entirely so please explain the following:

- this services stuck: "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy". Even if they run, they run not properly, they stuck invisible. So I'm not able to backup with "backup open files" enabled in eg Backup4all or FBackup.

- what you mean by: they stuck invisible ? Both Windows Services you mentioned should be on Manual Startup type so please explain and should NOT be started manually by accessing the Services window (services.msc from Start -> Run ).

If you have issues with a software while using BitDefender, uninstalling BitDefender is not the good choice. If you remove it then it will be impossible for me to understand the issue and find its source. I do believe that the compatibility issues you reported are due to the BitDefender Active Virus Control (AVC) feature being enabled.

If you decide to troubleshoot please provide me with:

- exat version and a download link for each software you have issues with while having BitDefender installed on your PC;

- a screnshot and detailed description for each software & BitDefender;

- a Support Tool / Sysdump tool log;

Support tool log:

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Sysdump log file:

1. Download this file:

click here to download !

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• I am not following entirely so please explain the following:

- what you mean by: they stuck invisible ?

I do believe that the compatibility issues you reported are due to the BitDefender Active Virus Control (AVC) feature being enabled.

-Sorry for delay, i was too occupied catching up the time I wasted due to the several Bitdefender 2011 problems.

I run again BD (Bitdefender) 2010 antivirus (std) and everything is back to normal, running stable!

-Sorry, it was necessarily to uninstall v 2011, I could not run (stable) Nero Vision Xtra (v7.2.15400.16.100), part of Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD, and I need this program frequently at the moment.

-What i mean with stuck invisible: if I run v2011, programs that use the services "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy" (eg Backup4all, Fbackup,...) are not able to start these services, as you know they do not start automatic with Windows, but by software request. Even if i help a bit and start them myself via services.msc. It does not help, so even if they (seem to)run, they are not available/usable for programs that need them to eg backup open files.

-Yes AVC was enabled in v2011, in the lowest grade (permissive), but also in v2010 AVC it was/is always enabled in the lowest grade (permissive)!!

- I found even a fourth problem caused by v2011, not yet posted: BD V2011 also disable the services of PerfectDisk Pro 11 regularly (PDAgent and PDEngine)?? Maybe there is a relationship with TuneUp Utilities "2011", anyway when using BD v"2010" together with TuneUp2011, the PerfectDisk services are never disabled!?

- Links to programs that run not properly when using BD 2011 av std:

*Backup4all std (not able to backup open files)

http://www.backup4all.com/download/setup/b4a-std.exe

*PerfectDisk pro 11 (PDAgent and PDEngine regulary disabled at system start?!)

http://ftp.raxco.com/pub/download/pd11/PD11_PRO.exe

*OO Diskimage pro 5.5 (run properly w/ BD2011, but mounting an image as a drive via "Tools" = BSOD)

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/downloa...epro/index.html

*Nero Vision Xtra, part of Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD;the url is from the basic version, there is not a trial available of the platinum HD version!. (Very unstable in combination w/ BD 2011)

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero10-hd-trial.php.

I did not create a Sysdump log file, I suppose i can not help you because v2011 is already uninstalled and with v2010 everything run stable.

If you need more, please have some patience.

Regards

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Nero,

Maybe there is a relationship with TuneUp Utilities "2011", anyway when using BD v"2010" together with TuneUp2011, the PerfectDisk services are never disabled!?

From what I understand, you also have TuneUp Utilities installed on the same PC where you have BitDefender installed ? Was its Real Time Protection module enabled when you installed BitDefender ?

Please provide me via PM with a phone number and the email address you used to register an account with us. The email associated with your forum account is not the one you used when purchasing BitDefender.

Please create the Sysdump file as explained in my previous post and send me via PM the download link. Thanks!

• Hi Nero,

At a first look, the PC is crashing because of the driver called: oodivd.sys. The driver is associated with O&O DiskImage software.

*OO Diskimage pro 5.5: sent you via email instructions on how to troubleshoot the BSOD issue. The resolution will also apply for:

- *Nero Vision Xtra

- *Backup4all std

Let me know if the issues are resolved now so we can start working on a permanent fix. I will only create a single ticket (for the time being) then, when I will have your answer, we will start a new ticket for each of the software mentioned above so we can resolve the compatibility issues. Your ticket ID is: 201104091004456.

Regarding the Tune-Up utility be kindly informed that its driver is present in your PC and loading at PC startup from the location:

155    TuneUpUtilitiesDriver32.sys    A37D2000    \??\C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2011\TuneUpUtilitiesDriver32.sys

You also have the two TuneUp processes running on the PC:

36    TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe    3460    800    11
    42    TuneUpUtilitiesApp32.exe    3888    3460    6

Please uninstall TuneUp Utilities then restart the PC. When the PC restarted please follow the steps enclosed in my email then post here the results.

Looking forward to your answer!

• zhibek
    Options
    I want to report major problems with Bitdefender antivirus 2011 (32-bit eng) in Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 (fully live up-to-date).

Built of BD? Sorry, It is already un-installed. But the problem was still present yesterday 10 march, and BD was fully up-to-data at that moment.

I do not use any other security software. So I use the Windows firewall.

These problems occur since using v2011, they disappear if I uninstall v2011. With v2010 eng I do not encounter these problems so I will roll back.

This are the problems that V2011 cause on my Vista pc:

- this services stuck: "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy"

Even if they run, they run not properly, they stuck invisible. So I'm not able to backup with "backup open files" enabled in eg Backup4all or FBackup.

- If I use OO Diskimage v5.5 I get always a BSOD (blue screed of dead) when mounting .omg images in Windows to explore!?

With v2010, no problem at all?!

- If I use Nero Vision (part of Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD) , I'm not able to load NVC project files, Vision stuck at 0% all the time.

If I create a new movie, I can import video's, but if i edit or add text, Vision is getting very unstable and crashes often (w/o BSOD). I have to close it via the task manager.

So I was uninstalling v2011 and everything is back to normal!!

I don't think it really matters what other programs you have on the computer. I don't use Nero nor some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread, but BitDefender Antivirus 2011 kept crashing my Vista more than 5 times a day and I had to uninstall it after 4 days of struggle and trying to figure things out. This is exam prime time at the university and since all of my up to date notes and papers are on my computer I couldn't keep it on any longer to avoid any real long term damage. I've read quite a few posts on this huge issue with Vista and find it extremely frustrating. This should have been solved before this version of BitDefender was even available for sale. After I uninstalled it, my computer went back to normal and I am currently using Avira which works perfectly fine with Vista, but considering that I actually paid for Bitdefender it makes me wonder should I wait for the update for Vista users or just never associate with Bitdefender and give it bad reviews? Sorry for my frustration, but I think it is quite appropriate. Could anyone please let me know if there is more news on how the problem is being resolved and whether or not I can expect it to be fixed. Thanks in advance.

• I decided to stop my support request to figure out the issues I was posting in this thread.

What you ask or plan (mail), seems a full time job and you always accuse other applications (TuneUp, Nero, Backup4all, DiskImage) as cause of this issue.

I can ensure you, if i UNinstall BD2011 all problems I report in this thread are solved immediately!!

For me this problem is general (see other post) and BD2011 related.

So before release a new version, be sure it is ready to leave the beta level!

Let me know via this thread if Bitdefender antivirus 2011 is stable, in general!

Meanwhile I will use Bitdefender AV 2010, or maybe switch over to Avira. But I have 440days left, and more then one license?!

And Avira does not (yet) have a game mode. Not a big issue, but less user friendly.

According to reviews, Avira is also pretty good. I was testing it a few weeks ago. The system slow down is even less then BD2011/2010.

And if I hate something really, it is a antivirus that slow down the computer manifest, that's why i was start using Bitdefender about 7y ago.

At that time Bitdefender was the best choice concerning system slow down, now the system slow down of Bitdefender is average, like most other AV solutions, except Avira, that is still good at this topic, and also offer a good protection.

• jj21
    edited February 2012
    Options

I am running Vista as well. Now, I am no techie, so most of this thread goes over my head a bit. I am however able to look online for solutions and follow instructions for a patch or update to software. I find no such update for Bit Defender. It is too bad, as it is a great product. However there seems to be some issue between Vista and Bit Defender. It has been going on for some time judging from the posts I have read at different forums.

In my case, I have the HP laptop with Windows Vista. I installed Bit Defender in 2010. I really like the program and find it effective and easy to use. So I renewed my subscription and updated to the 2011 version. After that I started to notice that my laptop would get very hot and shutdown from time to time. As it was summer and I had just moved to a very warm climate, I assumed that I needed a fan to keep things cool. So I got one. the problem persisted. I have been going nuts trying to figure out what was causing my pc to run so hot. It would also shut itself down during windows updates. This is a BIG problem when trying to restart the pc again. So I would have to force windows updates and then it would update, restart, then run ok for awhile. But recently Bit Defender ran updates and Windows did it's updates on the same night. The pc was very slow after that. I had all kinds of issues with it. So I decided to disable Bit Defender on start-up so I could do the windows updates first. This made my pc run even slower. I mean it took about 1 hour for my browser to load. I didn't notice anything using up too much memory 32%, it was using very little processor speed 7%, there wasn't too much running in the background that I could see either. I have a very fast internet connection and my other pc could get on just fine. So I looked around on the net for a solution to Pavillion running slow, or Pavillion running hot and shutting down, or Pavillion crashing. I found several users who have Vista and Bit Defender listed in their posts. I decided not to bother calling customer service. It seems all to often companies have a 3rd party customer dis-service help desk anyway. I just typed in "known Bit Defender vista issues". I came to this page. And I would say that it appears to be answered by a 3rd party vender.

I decided to uninstall Bit Defender 2011 and try a different program. So far my pc is running great! No issues at all. It is too bad as I really liked Bit Defender. But like the previous poster, I also have no time to troubleshoot to such an involved level with a Bit Defender "rep". I could not even understand most of the instructions in the posts. It seems that a Bit Defender employee would realize that there are at least 100 other virus packages out there and they ought not to make their customers jump through hoops in an attempt to fix their issues. This person didn't, so therefore, must not be an employee of Bit Defender. ;b Also when employees of a company take care of customers, then they start to notice issues in trends and pass this to the developers. Many tech companies will also post fixes or patches online so you can just search and fix it quickly without all the hassle.

So here are the issues I had after installing Bitdefender 2011 on an HP Pavillion running Vista:

-Spontaneous shutdowns

-overheating of PC

-Very slow performance of both internet and application functions that came and went with no explanation

-All system resource reports looked good and as though the pc was efficiently, but it would run snail slow

I hope this saves someone else months of searching trying to figure out what is up with their PC. And I suppose don't bother with "Customer Dis-Service" unless you are really bored and have nothing better to do. Just get another Virus package problem solved! :D

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=210&id=42

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.