Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Always Disabled When 64bitwin7 Is Booted Up

Options
Alan.Rose
edited March 2011 in Firewall

Hi,

Hopefully there is enough infor in the Topic title/Description.

Since installing Windows Seven 64bit on a fully formatted drive and then installing BDTS2011 I have always had to open the BDTS2011 dashboard, select firewall tab on the side and then 'check-mark' the little box to enable the firewall.

I have asked BD support and I got a good reply once with a suggestion but I feel that I have been ignored ever since >>>>>>>

[Ticket ID: 201102181001621] 18/02/2011 01:24

[Ticket ID: 201102211006301] 21/02/2011 11:56 response received 22/02/2011 19:09

[Ticket ID: 201103071000236] 06/03/2011 22:32

[Ticket ID: 201103101000247] 09/03/2011 22:32

But to date I have still not received a response despite also re-submitting the fault a further three times as seen in tickets at the top.

Please can someone here help me resolve this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

[PS. I have shortend down the dashes and blank lines and *'d over my email and key but I have not altered the transcript text in any way]

Comments

• Hello Alan,

Please keep in mind that it's not mandatory to add the entire email as quoted text. In fact, it would be best not to as that will make the topic spread on several pages and harder to track the info in it.

Furthermore allow me to remind you that opening multiple tickets, with more than a single engineer, can only create confusion and even more issues as each engineer may try to troubleshoot the issue in a different way, in his/her own way. Simply reply to the last email you received and your question will go directly to the engineer working on your case.

Your tickets state is as follows:

- 201102181001621 - merged;

- 201102211006301 - Open with my colleague Vlad;

- 201103071000236 - merged;

- 201103101000247 - merged;

Considering the above - I hope you understand now why it's not recommended to open multiple tickets - keep in mind that the ticket you work is the one with the ID: 201102211006301. I have added a note to that ticket for my colleague Vlad to see when he comes at work next and he will send you an answer back, via email.

Last but not least please explain the following for me so I can best understand the issue you encounter:

the Firewall needs switching on manually each time the computer is loaded up.
    - please define Manually and also mention what happens if you do not do that when the PC starts.

Best regards,

• Thank you for that information DanyDan,

As for multiple tickets, that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't felt ignored. In regards to the full quote; sorry about that, wasn't too sure as to what info would be needed or not and I think there is nothing more annoying than a topic title such as "Help!!!!" and equally as useless topic content :rolleyes:

The 'manually' referred to "open the BDTS2011 dashboard, select firewall tab on the side and then 'check-mark' the little box to enable the firewall".

Mr. Vlad Saizu has now replied (13/03/2011) with further steps for me to take in order to submit enough information to him. I am about to carry these out and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. I shall post back when this is the case as I notice another user has just posted the same problem (Link) though I am aware that a fix for one machine is very unlikely to be a fix for another.

Again, thank you for your reply :)

• Wanted to add this to previous post but can not find the 'edit' button.

This first pic shows the firewall as I leave it th_before.jpg

This second one is how it looks when I restart the PC th_after.jpg

and this third one is just to show I do not have 'game mode' turned on th_aftergm.jpg

• Hi Alan,

I have sent you instructions via email in response to your ticket ID: 201102211006301. Please confirm that the issue is now resolved.

Kind regards,