Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disk Defragmenter

Options

Many years ago I used to have a disc of Norton Utilities (before Peter Norton sold out and it all went to ######), which had a nifty disc defrag utitility which displayed a progress map as it was running. I found this quite useful as it allowed you to predict when it would finish (and allow you to curtail the run on an intelligent basis if you wanted to).

With BitDefender 2011 you get a defrag utility but it gives no indication of state of completion. No map of the drive. No % complete. No estimated time of completion, or anything like that. As I type this message I have the utility running in the background. It has been going for 9 hours and 26 minutes, and for all I know it could finish before I click Submit to this message, or it might go on for another 9 hours.

It would be nice to have an ETA, I think. Just a suggestion for a later release.

Comments

• Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. It is very important to us as this is the only way to improve our product as well as our service.

It has been sent to the appropriate department and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time and send us your opinion or any question that might have regarding the protection of your system.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

• I have to agree, the defrag tool in Bitdefender Total Security is shocking, just as bad as the built in defrag tool in vista ..... take ages.

There are better stand alone defrag tools if searched on google that have a map of the progress, but I would prefer to have one with the Total Security that I paid for.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you need more information regarding BitDefender products please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.