Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Virus Scan Error

Options

hi...i have a problem on my bitdefender 2011 total security. one day my computer made a very slow startup and i was thinking that some kind of virus may have attacked my computer. however, when i go to my bitdefender to scan my hard drive, the virus scan tab simply said 'virus scan module is unavailable'. I think it's not the virus because i uninstall the program yesterday and my computer goes back to normal. is there any patch or update to solve this problem? i already search the forum and there are many solutions there but i couldn't find which one is right. could help me please?

this is the link for error log (http://www.sendspace.com/file/etdnbe)

and this is the link for the screenshot (http://www.sendspace.com/file/42xab2)

any help would be appreciated

thx

regards,

Joshua

Comments

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you sent. The results are as follows:

1. Multiple security solutions and scanners installed:

- McAfee Security Scan Plus

- Uniblue PowerSuite

Uninstall the two programs above using Programs and Features -> Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel then restart the PC. After restart reinstall BitDefender using the specific BitDefender Uninstall tool. Save the tool then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". Wait to be asked to restart the PC. Save the offline installation kit for BitDefender Total Security 2011 32-bits from the link below then proceed with the installation.

BitDefender Total Security 2011 - 32-bits

Please let me know if the issue is resolved or still persist.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you sent. The results are as follows:

1. Multiple security solutions and scanners installed:

- McAfee Security Scan Plus

- Uniblue PowerSuite

Uninstall the two programs above using Programs and Features -> Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel then restart the PC. After restart reinstall BitDefender using the specific BitDefender Uninstall tool. Save the tool then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". Wait to be asked to restart the PC. Save the offline installation kit for BitDefender Total Security 2011 32-bits from the link below then proceed with the installation.

BitDefender Total Security 2011 - 32-bits

Please let me know if the issue is resolved or still persist.

Kind regards,

hey you know what it works...and totally functioning....big thx for your help!!

regards, joshua

• Hi Joshua,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Please bear in mind that using multiple security solutions that provides real time protection will create issues on your PC.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.