Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender Can't Remove Usb Virus !

Options

Hi

when I put USB and scaned it BD detect virus and show report (2 virus deleted) but when I open USB the virus still in USB !!!!

I note this case with many virus (BD detect virus and shown deleted virus but they still in USB)

note when I do deep system scan no virus detected and also DrWeb cure IT didn't detect any virus in PC , onely virus in my friend's USB

so what is the wrong ???

I compressed 2 virus with Password ;)

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello kosay85,

Please upload the archived samples on a file sharing server of your choice (such as www.sendspace.com) and send me an email (using this form ) with the download link.

Thank you.

Cris.

• I note there is not a spesefic virus BD can't delete it , I well send a sampel as soon as possaibl to you

• kosay85
    edited April 2011
    Options

I can't send a virus (PM disable)

this message shown when I try send PM to Cris

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

BD detected it in USB and show it has been deleted in solved issuse but when I open usb it still in USB

I update my BD and do deep system scan but no infections in my PC !!!

• @kosay85 - That is correct, you cannot send this type of file attached to a PM. Please re-read Cris's post (post #2) above, where he gives you instructions how to upload the archive file containing the file in question and notify him with the download link.

Regards,

• I have also similar problem , when i insert usb it shows resolved items :2,but when i insert it again(the same usb) after 5 minute,it shows same resolved items :2,again and again it happens...plz help :(

PC config:

hp laptop pavilion dv5

vista home premium 32bit

c2d 2.0

3gb ram

• Mihaela M.
    edited April 2011
    Options

Hi salmanahmed90,

Could you upload on www.sendspace.com or on any other such website, an archive with the sample ? You can send me a PM with the link you receive after you put the file on their server.

Thank you!

• kosay85
    Options

I am so sorry for late in replay

the problem with any kind of virus not special type , other users came to me (in Syria) told me the same problem

I try mebzat virus, autoit worm , and sality but the same problem

I search a folder contain 50 virus and BD detect them and show 50 solved issue but files still in USB !!!!

I wish you solve problem as soon as possable

• The situation where infected files are reported as removed but they still show up on your USB has been acknowledged by our team and we are currently working on a fix which will be released in one of our future updates.

As a workaround you can manually go to the infected files location and delete it.

Please note that you need to temporarily disable the real time protection in BitDefender during this process.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I am also facing the said issue i.e.

Bitdefender's Device Detection Scan shows that the infection has been removed, but the exactly the same infected file having same location is present and detected (action taken whatever selected) by Real Time Protection Module upon accessing it. I have verified this issue with different types of infection found on USB Flash memories, but not sured for "Mapped Network Device" option in the above said scan type.

And now I'm waiting for a fix by your esteeemed labs.

• kosay85
    Options

I wish BD support team solve this issue

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I wish BD support team solve this issue

But how long?

• Problem has been solved via a recent update.