Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

License Renewal

Options

I have asked this question via a feedback form on the website, but have not received a response.

I don't particularly want to upgrade to Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 when my subscription comes to an end. For me the only product that has worked properly since I started using Bitdefender was the original Bitdefender Antivirus 2008. Everything subsequent to that has been a bit of a disaster as Bitdefender attempt to over engineer their product. Currently I am using only a portion of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 - the antivirus.

All I want is an antivirus that works and is compatible with Windows live update, which BDIS2010 isn't. On my PC if windows update tries to start whilst BDIS2010 is running the PC grinds to a halt. If I disable BDIS2010, windows update works just fine.

Windows update is in my opinion a piece of software that is on every Windows PC and as such if a piece of software, such as BDIS2010 is being sold for a Windows pc, it should work with that software. My experiences are that the 2 don't get along with each other.

Does anyone have experience of BD antivirus 2011? I'm just wondering if it is as simple and effective as the original 2008 product or whether the product is also subject to faults.

Comments

• George R.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Barrie,

Regarding your inquiry submitted on 03/21/2011, it was replied to on 03/22/2011 - ticket ID 201103211014981.

Now for the matter at hand. As you may know, you can upgrade or downgrade freely if you have a license key for the intended BitDefender software versions. In this case I would actually recommend testing the BitDefender 2011 version before deciding about the upcoming renewal.

Should you decide to use a previous version, please contact me via PM with the purchased license key and I can exchange it with any version that you may mention.

Our current offers can be viewed here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• babyspicefan
    edited March 2011
    Options

George,

I have not received the response. Could you please re send it? I check my junk mail folders every day before deleting the contents and I have not seen anything from bitdefender in either Junk or deleted items.

Could you please clarify, could I have stuck with Bitdefender 2008 antivirus when my subscription came up for renewal originally? I was under the impression that I had to upgrade to Bitdefender 2009 when renewal came up and that's why I did it. It was from that point on that I encountered difficulties with Bitdefender as it would not work with the firewall I already had in place and had to upgrade to Internet Security at Bitdefender's suggestion. BDIS I don't like at all. It has not been a success in my opinion and I begrudge paying for a product where all functionality cannot be used. I would therefore be looking to use just antivirus software, in the hope it is as good as the 2008 product

• George R.
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello Barrie,

By contacting Customer Service, yes, you could have kept the BitDefender Antivirus 2008 product. Otherwise, only trough automatic renewal is the same license key extended.

Judging your previous support requests, I think it would be safest to first test which solution works best for you and the 3rd party firewall product.

You will find in your Inbox, besides the forwarded email, a 2nd email with a new 15day license key for BitDefender Antivirus 2008 / 2011. When you have time, you can activate the license key and test which solution works best for you.

If you decide to test the latest version, please keep in mind that you need at least Windows XP SP3 and 1GB RAM.

If you have any other question regarding compatibility or renewal, you know how to contact me :)

Thanks!

George

• babyspicefan
    edited April 2011
    Options

George,

Again, I have not received any e-mails from bitdefender and I have checked both my deleted items and Junk mail, line by line. Would it be possible to re-send them to the address that I am registered to this forum with please? I have received e-mails recently from bitdefender with the various offers and so I'm not quite sure where the responses from here are not arriving.

I was instructed to completely uninstall bitdefender 2008 from my PC when upgrading to Bitdefender 2009. I will have to check if I still have the original download file on my PC, if I have to install it again, otherwise I assume I would have to use 2011?

Thanks in anticipation

• Hello,

I contacted you via P.M. to resolve this strange issue :)

• I have HMV driving license from kanpur and the renewal date was expired on Jun 09. The renewal can be done now? I am at tamil nadu now, whether I have to go to kanpur for renewal? Can any body advice me.

• Hi Flisasiseeved,

Note that you can renew your BitDefender subscription online by following the steps from the link below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Buy/quickRenew/

You will be sent a new registration number and a new download link for the latest version of BitDefender. In case you cannot buy online, please contact one of our authorized resellers from your town.

Thank you!

• I have uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and re-installed Bitdefender 2008 and have already noticed a marked inmprovement in my PC's speed.

However, I do have a further query. When I have come to choose the option of renewing, the cost for a years subscription to BD2008 on 1 machine is more than the cost of antivirus pro 2011 on two machines.

As you will be aware, I have previously taken a subscription for 2 machines. Why is there such a difference in the price? Aren't they essentially the same product?

• George R.
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello Barrie,

We only have offers for 1 / 3 / 5 or 10PCs. Where are you attempting to renew for the BitDefender 2008 version? As always, you can contact me via P.M. for more sensitive information.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.