Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Game Mode

Options

I have suggestion about Bitdefender 2012 Game Mode, at 2011 engine Game Mode do great job, but allways need changes to become the best, my suggestions causes two points when Game Mode is switched on:

- 1st point when we use game mode to change these settings:

Antivirus / Custom Level / Scan accessed files / Scan local files / Scan extensions

Antivirus / Custom Level / Scan accessed files / Scan network shares / Scan extensions

or like on this image

I dont know well which of these two can be changed for security, but how ever they gona contribute to reduce lag on online games, I know how to configure Eset, and Eset use and recommend these settings, cuz Eset use Real time to be scanned by extesions, and reduce lag really to minimum or 0.

- 2nd point is at update, shleduled daily updates, not every hour, or every 6 hours, just once per day

Cuz we know that update might requires reboot cuz of large update, shledule can be set before restart or on every start up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

I took note of your suggestions. Please allow me to add few things:

- on the update matter note that the time of the automatic update is not changed whenever you enable or disable the Game Mode module. If you do not wish to update BitDefender while the Game Mode is ON you can simply keep the option 'Do not update automatically if Game Mode is on' enabled under the Update -> Settings menu within BitDefender.

- regarding the scan after extensions when the Game Mode is on, be kindly informed that I have escalated your request to the team in charge of the 2012 version. I can't tell you (at least not yet) if it will be accepted exactly as you suggested however, as soon as I will have an answer or a confirmation, I will let you know. I created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201103301008934.

Thank you for your time and for the suggestions you've made. If you have any further queries or any other suggestions you can think of, feel free to create a new topic and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards,

• PhobosMod
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello, thank you for putting the list for consideration my suggestions, about update, I know that does not update antivirus Game while modem is on.

I'm looking for an option can be set to update daily,cuz if I close game, Game Mode is switched off, and antivirus gona start to check for updates, and might update be large files so gamer must restart computer to work easy , because we know that Pop Ups, updates, Real Time scanning protection all files, contributes to making the Lags atOnline Games, BitDefender 2011 do not lags me very, just little bit, but if the switch in Game models change to scan only extensions, then Lags gona be past.

I do not want to advertise other antiviruses on this forum, so do not accept as adv, accept as part of my suggestions, but Eset recommend THIS guide to their gamers, and they really dont have problem with lags. And in version 5 this guide gona be added in their game mode.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Thank you.