Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cs:s Will No Longer Work

Options
johnsona8
edited April 2011 in Antivirus

I can no longer get CS:S to open while I use the Bitdefender anti virus. I have been using bitdefender for a long time, and for a long time Counter Strike source work with Bitdefender whilst in game mode. All of a sudden I can not get CS:S to open under any BD configuration. I have read the other thread concerning this matter, tried all of the solutions listed in that thread, and and found no solution. I have uninstalled BD and found that it enables CS:S to work again. I am quite frustrated and if I cannot find a solution to this issue soon I will no longer support this product and find another antivirus that does not cause this problem. I am using windows 7 x64 and would greatly appreciate any help regarding this.

Comments

• ForteD
    Options

I have a problem after update bitdefender 11

when I login to counter strike source, and find severs, it say: steam beta must be running to make use of find severs

I turn off avc and ids but nothing happen. I uninstall bitdefender, couter strike source run fine

• This issue has been acknowledged and a fix is being developed as described by DanyDan in this post.

Regards,

• This issue has been acknowledged and a fix is being developed as described by DanyDan in this post.

Regards,

So as it stands now I must uninstall BD until this issue is fixed? Is there any time frame for when this update will be available?

• Hello,

ForteD: the issue you encountered was already addressed and resolved in the topic Gary mentioned.

127001: I've created a ticket on your behalf and sent you instructions via email on how to apply the workaround that will resolve the issue you encounter until the permanent fix will be delivered via the Automatic Update module within BitDefender. Your ticket ID is: 201104061007291.

Kind regards,

• Has the fix to this been released yet? I have to uninstall my bitdefender to run half of my steam games right now. As a gamer bitdefender has been going down hill on its quality for Game mode. The problem with CSS and steam has been going on far to long now. If there is a work around please inform me this is driving me nuts right now.

• synthesitis
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Has the fix to this been released yet? I have to uninstall my bitdefender to run half of my steam games right now. As a gamer bitdefender has been going down hill on its quality for Game mode. The problem with CSS and steam has been going on far to long now. If there is a work around please inform me this is driving me nuts right now.

Hi,

I made a thread explaining what I did to work around the issue. It launches flawlessly after you add an exclusion for hl2.exe. Follow the directions I posted at the link below. Let me know how it worked for you.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=25953

• Hi,

I made a thread explaining what I did to work around the issue. It launches flawlessly after you add an exclusion for hl2.exe. Follow the directions I posted at the link below. Let me know how it worked for you.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=25953

This absolutely doesn't work. Counterstrike will not run with bit defender 2011 so if you value playing the particular game do not install this software. I see the logic in these forum posts, but the BD2011 software is broken in relation to the orange box and its games. Simple as that. Let me assure you and everyone else NOTHING WORKS. I have been following this for weeks. Modules turned off = no difference, Exclusions created and game mode on = no difference. Run as admin with EVERY SINGLE advanced setting turned off = no difference. Don' waste your time anymore, there is no answer to this. uninstall asap.

• This absolutely doesn't work. Counterstrike will not run with bit defender 2011 so if you value playing the particular game do not install this software. I see the logic in these forum posts, but the BD2011 software is broken in relation to the orange box and its games. Simple as that. Let me assure you and everyone else NOTHING WORKS. I have been following this for weeks. Modules turned off = no difference, Exclusions created and game mode on = no difference. Run as admin with EVERY SINGLE advanced setting turned off = no difference. Don' waste your time anymore, there is no answer to this. uninstall asap.

Dude. You must be doing something wrong. I have no more problems with this issue. AVC set on high and IDS set to permissive. Game launches good. Was the exclusion added from advanced settings in the antivirus tab or the automatic game mode list? Did you make sure to add the exclusion for hl2.exe from the counter-strike source folder? I tried this on 4 different computers that I built. They all had the same problem and the exclusion fixed it on all of them.