Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Svserv Stops Unexpectedly

Options

Hi,

Today my SVSERV stopped unexpectedly according to the Event Viewer in Windows 7. I tried reporting the problem via the 'Hilfe & Support' but that hangs in the 'Werkzeuge werden ausgeführt'. So all that remains for me is reporting this via the Forum. Below are the details.

Regards

Paul Sinnema.

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 09.04.2011 07:23:18

Event ID: 7034

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Speedy

Description:

The BitDefender Virus Shield service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7034</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-04-09T05:23:18.646809600Z" />

<EventRecordID>121730</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="884" ThreadID="8584" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Speedy</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">BitDefender Virus Shield</Data>

<Data Name="param2">1</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Also please go to C:\Windows\Minidump, put all files from there in an archive, upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (such as www.Sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM.

Looking forward to your answer!

• PaulSinnema
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Also please go to C:\Windows\Minidump, put all files from there in an archive, upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (such as www.Sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM.

Your link is broken and I don't have a C:\Windows\Minidump!

• Hello,

I also did a system scan. No problems found:

C:\Users\Paul>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

• Hello,

In the Advanced Settings the Dump was disabled. I've enabled the 'MiniDump' for the future. For now there's no way I can produce the information you ask. Please send me the correct link so I can do the other task you asked of me.

• nikki605
    edited April 2011
    Options

The link in DanyDan's post still works for me so I'm not sure what the problem might be. Here is the full text of the linked post. Basically, it explains how to run the BD SupportTool and get the resulting dump files to DanyDan for investigation. In step 10, send the PM to DanyDan:

HI Gary,

To be honest since the launch of BitDefender 2011 almost everyone dealing with PC slowdown including at startup was due to the multiple security solutions installed on the same computer.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Back into the office :) I was checking by Inbox and have received 2 PMs from you, however none containing the download link for the Support Tool logs I need to provide you with a resolution.

Please send me the generated log files and you will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Note that the command you used sfc /scannow is to check for any Operating System issues and is not related to BitDefender.

Regards,