Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Definitive Answer Re: Username & Password?

Options
kd5
kd5 ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in The Archive

I have been very pleased with having the ability to scan an infected/unbootable computer using the BitDefender Rescue CD until this latest version. Now, apparently, I am required to enter a password in order to use the Rescue CD???

I have downloaded the latest version available (Jan. 31, 2011) as an ISO, burned the ISO to a disc, booted to the disc, and where it used to load to the license agreement, then update & scan, it now loads to a Username & Password field.

I've seen several people ask this question yet no one has received a definitive response. Are commoners no longer allowed to use the Rescue CD as an effective means of scanning an unbootable computer for viruses? Or do I now need to go elsewhere for an effective Rescue CD?

Thank you, -kd5-

Comments

• Hello kd5,

The rescue CD works as it should,no password asked.

The scanner tries to access the data on the hard drive but it's blocked.You may be prompted for a password if your hard drive is encrypted.

• kd5
    kd5 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello kd5,

The rescue CD works as it should,no password asked.

The scanner tries to access the data on the hard drive but it's blocked.You may be prompted for a password if your hard drive is encrypted.

But the hard drive isn't encrypted, it's just a typical operating system installation. The previous version of the BitDefender Rescue CD works just fine, but this one requires that I enter a password. -kd5-

• kd5
    kd5 ✭✭✭
    Options

If no one has any ideas, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere.

Thanks anyway, -kd5-

• kd5
    kd5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Can't believe that almost 3 weeks later there is still no answer to this.

NOT a good reflection on BitDefender. -kd5-

• kd5 is referring to the fact that, if you launch in verbose mode (which some hardware requires), you are, in fact prompted with a username/password prompt. "bitdefender" is populated in the username field, but nothing is in the password field. I'll admit it is curious that this has sat unanswered in this forum since April 12th. :unsure: