Firewall Can Not Be Enabled

Hello, yove prolbbly run accross this before. I have bitdefender total security 2011 and have been notifide that my firweall is not enabled. when I go to enable it it gives me an error Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security Service. I ahm running WIndows 7 64bit.

Let me know if you havea fix. Im guessing its an easy setting somewhere that I overlooked.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Hi

Read this knowledgebase article.

Hope this will help you.

• Having the same problem after upgrading daughter's laptop to Win7.

The knowledge base article is of no help since the link for the patch is DEAD. Already reported to BD support; in the meantime I'm stuck using the Windows Firewall.

• Cristi Raducu
    edited May 2011

The link for the patch is working properly.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledg...w_reinstall.rar

An alternate link is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ql847v

• NOW the link is working, but only after I reported it; the patch fixed the dead Firewall (Yay!), but now there's a new problem (or rather a repeat of an older problem): Firewall disables itself every time you reboot. Very annoying. Ran the gamut of settings, patches, etc, but it persists; started a new trouble ticket. Side note: Daughter reports this was happening even before the Vista to 7 upgrade, unbeknownst to me.
  • Late note: I spotted the possible fix in an older Forum item, so will be trying that; my bad for not spotting it earlier.

• Late note: I spotted the possible fix in an older Forum item, so will be trying that; my bad for not spotting it earlier.

Aaaaand, that fix in another thread (supposedly resolved) did not fix my problem. Will have to see what tech says.

• Aaaaand, that fix in another thread (supposedly resolved) did not fix my problem. Will have to see what tech says.

They have lost the plot with this product. See my post, "This Product is Defective"

• Hi Tow Guy,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you contacted us, I created for you the Ticked ID:201105051009246. Please check your e-mail associated with your Forum account, follow the steps I sent you and reply me with all the information I requested you.

Thank you!

• I have the same issue. Running Windows 7 with Bitdefender 2011 pro. The windows firewall works but I would rather use the bitdefender firewall. I turned off windows firewall and then I get a message that I have not firewall. I click on the message and it has 3 options. Turn on windows firewall, turn on Bitdefender firewall, go online and find a firewall program. I click on Turn on bitdefender firewall and nothing :blink: happens. I paid for the product and would like for every aspect of the program to work. I do remember on installation (which I have performed numerous times) that during the installation it asks to use bitdefender firewall and it will shut down windows firewall. Well, each and every time I have installed Bitdefender 2011 pro it never does that. Can anyone help me. I have tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. <_<

post-63500-1307007231_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Please open BitDefender Security Center using the icon on the Desktop and switch it to 'Expert View' from the Options menu button. Then go to Firewall module (on the left hand of the window) and check if it is enabled. If it is not, try to enable it and let me know what happens.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Please open BitDefender Security Center using the icon on the Desktop and switch it to 'Expert View' from the Options menu button. Then go to Firewall module (on the left hand of the window) and check if it is enabled. If it is not, try to enable it and let me know what happens.

Looking forward to your answer!

It would seem that I have made a huge mistake. I have Bitdefender Antivirus pro. No firewall included. I guess I assumed it had a firewall because during the installation is asks to turn off Windows firewall and windows defender. I was informed by tech that its not included with BAP. I still have an issue with the software though. I will post on the appropriate forum. Thank you!

• Hi,

Topic is now closed. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.