[resolved] Antivirus Pro 2011 Doesn't Update

edited April 2011 in Update

Anyone else having problems with updates?


Last time my Bit defender antivirus pro updated was on 17th April. When I try to manually update it returns that the system is up-to-date, and that no updates were found.


BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 (64 bit)


Version 14.0.23.312


Windows 7 64 bits


Last update: 17-04-2011 14:34 (GMT time)


Virus signature: 7121532


Engine: 7.37129


Licence is valid, haven't changed anything in my network/computer antivirus that could cause this...


What to do?

Comments

  • What language is your product and what country are you located in? There may be a problem with some of the BD update servers.


    You don't receive any error messages? Just that there are no updates available?


    Regards,

  • Hi Nikki


    Product is in Portuguese, and I'm located in Portugal.


    No error received, when I click "update now" it shows the "checking for updates" message and them after a while in green the message "No updates found".


    Thank you for your time


    What language is your product and what country are you located in? There may be a problem with some of the BD update servers.


    You don't receive any error messages? Just that there are no updates available?


    Regards,

  • My English version in the USA updates without problem, so it is probably an issue specific to the Portuguese language version.


    You can either wait for one of the BD tech support people to see your post here or call the support number given on your BD "About" screen. Since this is Easter Sunday, you may have to wait until tomorrow, Monday.


    Regards,

  • My English version in the USA updates without problem, so it is probably an issue specific to the Portuguese language version.


    You can either wait for one of the BD tech support people to see your post here or call the support number given on your BD "About" screen. Since this is Easter Sunday, you may have to wait until tomorrow, Monday.


    Regards,


    Thank you, I think I'll wait, Monday is also holliday in Portugal...


    Have a nice Easter :)

  • You're very welcome. And Happy Easter to you, too! :)

  • I'm having the same problem in my Total Security 2011.


    The language is Portuguese and i'm in Portugal too.


    How can we fix it?

  • Once BD tech support sees this topic, they will respond to the issue.


    Regards,

  • edited April 2011

    I've just solved my problem. In the configuration tab (Definições) i've just changed the principal location for updates.


    By default the adress is http://62.28.118.8/ and i've changed it to http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/


    Worked fine for me. It is now updated.


    Thanks

  • edited April 2011
    I've just solved my problem. In the configuration tab (Definições) i've just changed the principal location for updates.


    By default the adress is http://62.28.118.8/ and i've changed it to http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/


    Worked fine for me. It is now updated.


    Thanks


    Thank you, that solved my problem too.


    :D


    Seems the problem is that updates aren't getting into the Portuguese server ==> BD Team please report this to the proper person!

  • Had the some problem too. Sorted now after following PTI11 workaround ;)


    Obrigado

  • Hello,


    Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet ? I have located the IP above as a Portuguese IP however does not match the IP you are using.


    Furthermore, is the box next to "Use proxy" checked ? When / how was the update location changed ? The correct changes that you should use are:


    - primary update location: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/


    - secondary update location: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/ OR http://upgrade2.bitdefender.com/


    Looking forward to your answer!

  • Hello,


    Are you using a proxy to connect to the Internet ? I have located the IP above as a Portuguese IP however does not match the IP you are using.


    Furthermore, is the box next to "Use proxy" checked ? When / how was the update location changed ? The correct changes that you should use are:


    - primary update location: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/


    - secondary update location: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/ OR http://upgrade2.bitdefender.com/


    Looking forward to your answer!


    Hi


    No proxy being used, the IP was not inserted by hand, it was automatically inserted when installed Bit Defender.


    I'm getting the Bit Defender through my ISP - Sapo - (using an installer they have at the costumer area), maybe that explains the Portuguese IP for the updates?


    Regards

  • Hi JoaPT,


    Indeed you guessed correctly the reason for the update server changing. Keep http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/ as both Primary and Secondary update server and let me know if the issue persist.


    Regards,

  • Hi JoaPT,


    Indeed you guessed correctly the reason for the update server changing. Keep http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/ as both Primary and Secondary update server and let me know if the issue persist.


    Regards,


    Yes, it is working since I changed the update server to that one. Thank you.

  • Hi,


    I am glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. At BitDefender, we strive to deliver both high quality products and support, and we trust that we will continue to offer them both to you.


    Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further assistance.


    Case resolved, topic closed.


    Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.