Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bootscreen Message Bitdefender Av 2011 How To Remove?

Options

Hello I get by every boot the message by starting windows XP in the blue report screen where normal bootdefrag show up with a time delay saying

It scan then it show:

"some of the infected items failed to be cleaned, please contact Bitdefender support team"

A system scan find no virus. No with AV boot CD latest version.

How can I get rid of this message by every windows start up?

Please help

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

a) Please go to the page below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE;

f) when you have the download link send it along with the topic link to me, via PM (Private Message).

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

• zxw
    Options

Hello

PM send.

I could find that the message come from bootexecute: C:\WINDOWS\system32\bddel.exe

File is unsigned. I'm not sure it belong to BitDefender or not if so then another component might have my PC really infected.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Analyzed the logs you sent with the following results:

- you have an autorun entry that needs to be removed in order to resolve the issue you encounter:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\bddel.exe

1. Locate again and open the "autoruns.exe" file, the same file you used to first generate the log;

2. Wait for the scanning to complete;

3. Go to the tab called "Boot Execute";

4. Right click on the entry for "autocheck bddel.exe c:\windows\system32\bddel.exe" and select "Delete";

5. Go to "Winlogon" tab;

6. Delete the entry:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\WinStyler\tu_logonui.exe Windows Logon UI Microsoft Corporation c:\documents and settings\all users.windows\application data\tuneup software\tuneup utilities\winstyler\tu_logonui.exe"

Restart the PC and the issue should be resolved.

You had the software Tune-Up Utilities installed however you did not properly uninstall it.

Please confirm that the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

• zxw
    Options

Thank you very much.

I followed the instruction and removed the 2 entries. It works now all perfect.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Feel free to post your feedback as a comment in my profile page HERE or by sending us an email or by rating the topic on a scale from 1 to 5 stars.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.