Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Couple Newbie Questions

Options
Sownman
edited October 2007 in General talk

I don't like Mcafee. I hate Norton Internet Security. Is Bit Defender better ?

If purchasing for an XP computer do I DL the 32 bit vers ?

If I want to upgrade from Inet Security to Total Security after purchase is that possible ?

How does the free trial work ?

Is there a way around the auto renewal ? I didn't see one. Why

would I want to authorize payment for years to come on something I've never tried ?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• The free trial is a 30-day trial with full functionality. If you have XP 32-bit version, then you download the 32-bit trial. You can have the Internet Security trial, when it's expired, you can install Total Security trial. Decide which is better for you, then buy it. BD is definitely better than Norton and McAfee in my experience. About the auto renewal, you can ask customer support on the BD website.

• The renewal can be done with MyAccount from http://myaccount.bitdefender.com. This will be available for you if you have completed the registration process from our product. If you haven't done that by now please go to the product's GUI and select Register on the upper right corner and just follow the steps.

When you have logged into MyAccount all you have to do is select renewal for the product that you currently have installed. It should look like this.

1709642228_fa18f52b27_o.png

• Niels
    Options

Hello Sownman

You can take a look at this site. You have to press on comparatives. Here you will find test reports read also the reports. That is still with the old version.

You have to check it. To do that press the windows button together with r and type winver if you have a 64 bit operating system you must see 64 bit or X64.

You aren't renewed automatically. You have to do it via my account or by contacting customer service. Otherwise your version will automatically expires.

Best regards

Niels