Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto-logon Scan Runs Every Time?

Options

I scheduled Auto-logon Scan to run once, and now every time I reboot it runs. Looking at the Schedule it says it is off. Am I missing something?

Also, BitDefender's icon doesn't always show in the system tray. Why is this?

Lastly, why was my "Enhancement Request" thread removed w/o any clarification or message?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

First of all be kindly informed that your topic was not removed. Was simply moved to the correct forum category. You can read it below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=26355&hl=

I have escalated it to the respectful department to be included with future product updates, as a "Feature request".

Furthermore, in order to troubleshoot the scanning issue please create a folder named "odscanui.log" in the location below as follows (the folder name includes the .log ):

1. Click on the Start menu button then go to Run;

2. Type the location below:

%allusersprofile%\BitDefender\DTrace\

3. Create the new folder;

4. Restart the PC and allow the scan to complete;

5. Go to the same location mentioned above and open the folder you've created;

6. Upload the log file from that folder HERE;

7. Post the download link as a reply to this topic;

Last but not least I would like to kindly remind you that we can't provide you with an accurate resolution without any PC details, details that you forgot to mention. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Hello,

First of all be kindly informed that your topic was not removed. Was simply moved to the correct forum category. You can read it below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=26355&hl=

I have escalated it to the respectful department to be included with future product updates, as a "Feature request".

Furthermore, in order to troubleshoot the scanning issue please create a folder named "odscanui.log" in the location below as follows (the folder name includes the .log ):

1. Click on the Start menu button then go to Run;

2. Type the location below:

%allusersprofile%\BitDefender\DTrace\

3. Create the new folder;

4. Restart the PC and allow the scan to complete;

5. Go to the same location mentioned above and open the folder you've created;

6. Upload the log file from that folder HERE;

7. Post the download link as a reply to this topic;

Last but not least I would like to kindly remind you that we can't provide you with an accurate resolution without any PC details, details that you forgot to mention. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Kind regards,

I had to turn off BitDefender AVC to upload these files.

Requested scan log file

Requested BitDefender PC details file

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and I do need to see the start-up entries. Follow the steps below then send me the download link via PM. Also be kindly informed that we have resolved the issue associated with uploading files to SendSpace, process being blocked by AVC.

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it HERE

Thank you! Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and I do need to see the start-up entries. Follow the steps below then send me the download link via PM. Also be kindly informed that we have resolved the issue associated with uploading files to SendSpace, process being blocked by AVC.

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it HERE

Thank you! Looking forward to your answer!

I did not have to turn off AVC tthis time. Sweet! Here is the file you requested:

eeddingsAutoRuns

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I have finished analyzing the logs you sent. The results are as follows:

- Windows Family Safety installed on the PC and its Windows Service running:

fsssvc    This service enables Family Safety on the computer. If this service is not running, Family Safety will not work.    Microsoft Corporation    c:\program files (x86)\windows live\family safety\fsssvc.exe

- Windows Defender loading at PC start-up:

Windows Defender    Windows Defender User Interface    Microsoft Corporation    c:\program files\windows defender\msascui.exe

WinDefend    Scan your computer for unwanted software, schedule scans, and get the latest unwanted software definitions.    Microsoft Corporation    c:\program files\windows defender\mpsvc.dll

Uninstall Windows Family Safety as explained in the article below:

Read this article

For instructions on how to disable Windows Defender read the Microsoft article below:

Click Here

Last but not least, after you remove the two security solutions and restart the PC, repair BitDefender and the issue should be resolved:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

• eeddings@cfl.rr.com
    edited May 2011
    Options

Windows Family Safety - I do not have a wndows family account established. Control panel --> Programs --> Windows Live Essentials 2001 --> Remove -- --> Windows Family Safety --> uninstalled.

Windows Defender - told me it was off, so there was nothing I could do unless I turned it on first. I did not turn it on.

rebooted.

Repair BitDefender - repaired.

rebooted.

Log on scan ran again at startup, and continues to run at each reboot.

• eeddings@cfl.rr.com
    edited May 2011
    Options

I found BitDefender in Services (msconfig) and turned it off, then rebooted. That did not solve the issue. I wonder... I have not tried uninstalling/reinstalling BitDefender. Do you think that will solve the problem?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

How about we perform a remote together during the weekend ? How about Saturday or Sunday ? Would you agree Eeddings ?

Please send me your answer via PM or in this topic. Do NOT POST any TeamViewer details in the topic, send them via PM.