Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Play Game After Insatlling Bitdefender 2011

Options

Hello, i have recently downloaded bitdefender 2011 but was then unable to play a game called BlackShot. What should i do?

Comments

• suhar123
    Options
    Hello, i have recently downloaded bitdefender 2011 but was then unable to play a game called BlackShot. What should i do?

Each time i start the game the computer restarts.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please provide me with more details about your PC and its details. Also mention what BitDefender product are you using.

What is the exact behavior ? Can you start the game but can't connect, the game crash, can't start it etc... Please try to post the exact steps you take and include what have you tried to far to resolve it.

Last but not least send me the file 'mdsettings.XML' from the location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings

To send me the file, you need to upload it by clicking HERE then post the download link as a reply to my last post.

Looking forward to your answer!

Best regards,

• suhar123
    Options
    Hello,

Please provide me with more details about your PC and its details. Also mention what BitDefender product are you using.

What is the exact behavior ? Can you start the game but can't connect, the game crash, can't start it etc... Please try to post the exact steps you take and include what have you tried to far to resolve it.

Last but not least send me the file 'mdsettings.XML' from the location:

To send me the file, you need to upload it by clicking HERE then post the download link as a reply to my last post.

Best regards,

32-bit operating system

2.00GB RAM (1.87 usable)

Windows 7

Intel® Pentium® CPU G6950 @ 2.80 GHz

Firstly, i open the blackshot launcher, type my username and password and press start. The nprotect ( normaal ) shows up and when it disappears, the screen turns blank and the computer restarts. I tried turning off antivirus, firewall, vulnerability, encryption, privacy control, parental control, anti spam and i on game mode.

Heres the file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fqqsd4

• Unknown
    Options

Hi again,

Please saved the modified XML file from:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k7bt7m

Once saved, restart the PC in safe mode then replace the new XML by overwriting the old one at:

Restart the PC in normal mode and let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

• suhar123
    Options
    Hi again,

Please saved the modified XML file from:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k7bt7m

Once saved, restart the PC in safe mode then replace the new XML by overwriting the old one at:

Restart the PC in normal mode and let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

They say i need permission to replace file.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Yes, I know. That is why I advised you to restart in Windows Safe Mode and replace the file :)

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

• suhar123
    Options
    Yes, I know. That is why I advised you to restart in Windows Safe Mode and replace the file :)

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Sorry but it did not work.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

What didn't work ? To enter in Safe Mode ? Please read the article below from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...er-in-safe-mode

• suhar123
    Options
    What didn't work ? To enter in Safe Mode ? Please read the article below from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...er-in-safe-mode

No, i was not able to start the game. Same as last time

• Unknown
    Options

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

• suhar123
    Options
    Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

The supporttool.exe got stuck when it was gathering information. I waited for 5 mins and there was no progress. It was stuck when it was executing tools.

• suhar123
    Options
    The supporttool.exe got stuck when it was gathering information. I waited for 5 mins and there was no progress. It was stuck when it was executing tools.

Never mind, it's okay already. PMed you.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I finished analyzing the logs you sent. You have multiple security solutions installed:

- Norton Internet Security

- Windows Live Family Safety

Are you available for a remote session now since you are online ? If you are not available, I will create a ticket on your behalf and send the instructions on how to remove them follow by a reinstall of BitDefender.

• suhar123
    Options

I accidentally uninstalled BitDefender 2011. But the game is working fine now.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Have you also uninstalled:

- Norton Internet Security

- Windows Live Family Safety

How you removed BitDefender ? From Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs or using the Uninstall tool we provide ?

The reason why the resolution I provided you with is not working is due to the fact that you have/had multiple security solutions installed on the same PC, all of these software with a real time protection feature enabled.

Can you please give me an updated status of the issue you reported ?

• 32-bit operating system

2.00GB RAM (1.87 usable)

Windows 7

Intel® Pentium® CPU G6950 @ 2.80 GHz

Firstly, i open the blackshot launcher, type my username and password and press start. The nprotect ( normaal ) shows up and when it disappears, the screen turns blank and the computer restarts. I tried turning off antivirus, firewall, vulnerability, encryption, privacy control, parental control, anti spam and i on game mode.

Heres the file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fqqsd4

I have some problem, please help me to solved it.

32-bit operating system

2.00GB RAM

Windows Vista

Intel® Pentium® CPU T3200 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00GHz

File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/foitup

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Please do not post in multiple topics asking assistance on a single, same issue. Since you already have a topic started, we will troubleshoot and discuss the issue you encounter there.

Thank you for understanding!