Ids Terminating The Legitimate Applications

coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Antivirus

The IDS Module terminate the legitimate applications and showed that they are deemed harmful by IDS.

1) Internet Download Manager

2) Jet Audio

3) KMPlayer

4) Revo Uninstaller

5) Argente Utilities

6) Microsoft Encarta Dictionary

7) RecoverMy Files

Even setting to "Permissive" didn't work and to run the applications properly, I've to disable the IDS or add them to the exclusion list manually. I also re-install Bitdefender but the subject issue remain.

Comments

• Sometime Bitdefender IDS pop-up displayed and prompt for action and sopmetimes it automatically terminate the applications deemed them harmful.

• Hello,

Do you have the latest versions for all software? Try to update them all and then tell me with what software the issue persist. Include the installed version and a download link for EACH software reported in conflict with IDS. Note that the purpose of the feature IDS is exactly the allow / block of certain software not considered entirely safe to run. This is pretty much the truth considering the applications above are making registry changes and also removing files from your PC (even if those files are considered temporary files).

• Hi

1) Internet Download Manager

Ver: 6.05 Build 14

2) Jet Audio

Ver: 8.0.11.1600 Plus VX

3) KMPlayer

Ver: 3.0.0.1439

4) Revo Uninstaller

Ver: 2.5.3

5) Argente Utilities

Ver: 1.0.4.0

6) RecoverMy Files

Ver: 4.6.0 Build 797

Some of the above softwares, I can't upate them because of registeration, and I don't need to renew the registration.

Kindly also see the snapshot.

post-31288-1306224882_thumb.jpg

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hi again Omer,

What is the level of the slider for AVC and IDS ?

Please make the following test:

- disable AVC >>> test to see if the software are still blocked;

- disable IDS >>> test to see if the software are still blocked;

- add the EXE files to exceptions under Antivirus >>> Advanced Settings and test to see if the software are still blocked;

Looking forward to your answer!

Please also try to provide me with a download link for the above mentioned software.

• Hi

AVC is not conflicting them, I already tested with all it slider levels and even disable it.

The softwares are only executed when IDS is disbaled or by adding the executables manually to Exclusion List.

Kindly note that all the softwares are downloaded from their own websites.

e.g Argente Utilities

http://argentesoftware.blogspot.com/

IDM

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

Revo Uninstaller

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

Recover My Files

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/data-recover...re-download.php,

Now it has 4.6.8.1012

• Thanks for the info Omer!

I have passed it to the Dev team for resolution. As soon as the False Positive will be resolved, I will update this topic.

Again thanks for your time in helping us improve our list of trusted software:)

Regards,

• Hi

Any Update?

@Again thanks for your time in helping us improve our list of trusted software:)

I would like to suggest that campaign should be started for building the list of trusted software for your esteemed product, where the user can submit the detail of "Software/Application name and its Version/Build" etc.

• Cristi Raducu
    edited June 2011

The IDS system cannot be updated via signatures and to a exclude an application you need to manually add it to the exclusions list.

This is one of the reasons why it gives a lot of false alarms.

Also this module is by default turned OFF and it should be enabled only when an infection is imminent or the system is badly infected.

This discussion has been closed.