Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anonymous Usage Report Collapse My Laptop!

Options

Hi, I hope somebody could tell me why working with my browser (Firefox4.0) unexpectedly anonymous usage report is making appear a lot of empty Bitdefender windows message :wacko: (please look attachments), which I can't close, needing to restart my laptop to avoid this tech - trouble, I would want to know at least how to deactivate that service (anonymous usage report) <_< , thanks for any support suggestion regarding this matter ;) .

I use W7 64b OS

God bless you, bye.

post-62609-1306114108_thumb.jpg

post-62609-1306114159_thumb.jpg

post-62609-1306114194_thumb.jpg

post-62609-1306114263_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

Please follow the steps below in order to permanentely disable Anonymous Usage Report:

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode as explained below;

2. Go to START then to "Run...";

3. Type "regedit" and hit "OK";

4. Locate the following registry key depending on what BitDefender product you are using:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Internet Security 2011 - aurenabled

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Total Security 2011 - aurenabled

5. Double click on the value "aurenabled" located on the right side of the window and set it from 1 to 0;

(0-disabled ; 1-enabled)

6. Restart the PC in normal mode.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

When you have it disabled let me know if the issue still occurs. Also right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select "About". Check the build and post it here.

Looking forward to your answer!