Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Word & Excel 2010 Freeze

Options
Abdullah
edited May 2011 in Antivirus

Hello

I purchased bitdefender 2011 total security this week and everything is good

after that i recently notice that it freezes word and excel 2010 :(

access works , project works , powerpoint works !!

it freeze the pre-main screen when modules and plugins loading ,,

this problem in two computers , one use office 2007 and one use office 2010 ( I buy for 3 license for bitdefender )

please help i have graduation project this month and i need word and excel !!!!

any suggestion ??

screenshot for the frozen screen below

post-62672-1306318599_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

Please open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to Antivirus >> Advanced Settings and disable:

- AVC;

- IDS;

Click on OK then test to see if the issue persist.

If it does please upload the file mdsettings.XML from:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings

You can upload the file along with the generated support tool log (*as explained below) HERE or HERE

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Topic moved to Antivirus category. As it is your first post, I have not warned you. Please make sure you posts your future queries to the correct Forum category. Thank you.

• Abdullah
    Options

Hi Dany,

I follow what you advised me to do but the issue still there ,,

so i am uploading the log file + xml file now and i will soon PM you with links

and about the last line , i did not know the cause of this issue , didn't know that relates to antivirus ,,

thanks anyway ,

abdullah

• Abdullah
    edited May 2011
    Options

please confirm if you recieve PM from me b/c i dont see it in my sent folder

good luck

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Both the log file and XML file received. You will hear from me as soon as the analysis will be complete.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hi again,

You have the service for Malwarebytes real time protection enabled:

85    mbamservice.exe    1464    672    9

- the associated driver installed and running:

159    mbam.sys    08116000    \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

I can not finish the analysis as the log is not complete. Please uninstall Malwarebytes so its real time protection will not conflict with the BitDefender Real Time Protection then restart the PC. Repair BitDefender and let me know if the issue persist.

[how to repair BitDefender]:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Abdullah
    edited May 2011
    Options

i just solved the problem , i received an email from your support contain

----

In order to solve the issue you are dealing with please follow the steps below

to add the entire folder of Microsoft Office 2007/2010 to the exceptions list:

1. Open the BitDefender program, select "Options" (from the top right

corner) - >select the "Expert View":

2. Select the Antivirus module and then click on Advanced Settings - > the

"Exclusions" tab ;

3. Turn it On and then click on the plus (+) and select "Exclude by

file/folder" box, then browse to the location of the Microsoft Office

2007/2010 folder;

4. Click on OK and make sure that the folder is excluded ;

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is solved.

------------

i add winword.exe to exclusion and word just works,

do i need to remove malwarebytes to make bitdefender works fluently ? after i solve the office 2010 problem ?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please provide me with the ticket ID you have open with us. Yes, removing Malwarebytes is a must when you have a registered version of the software. Adding the exe file to exclusion it will resolve the issue however, having more than one software with real time protection feature may cause various issues such as PC slowdown, BSOD, programs not starting normally etc.

It is your decision if you remove it or not since you paid for both software. My recommendation is to remove MBAM.

Regardless, I am glad to see that we resolved the issue quick and easy. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

• Abdullah
    Options

Hi Dany

i follow instructions you add and remove malwarebytes and repair bitdefender , and tried to open word 2010 without adding it to exclusion with no luck , after adding it it works ..

thanks anyway , but i was enjoyed in malwarebytes but i think bitdefender will do a good work

Thanks

Abdullah

• Unknown
    Options

Always a pleasure to help :)

If you have any further queries start a new topic and you'll have my answer in no time

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.