Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[duplicate]Unanswered Queries - Firewall Related

Good day,

I've posted this topic here as the tickets are related to problems with the Firewall.

Ticket ID: 201104161000699

Created around April, 16th. This issue is still not resolved and my emails requesting an update are being completely ignored.

Ticket ID: 201105191010492

Created on May, 19. The automated response said I would have a response from your Customer Care department within 48 hours. I'm yet to receive a response, and my email requests for a response have also been completely ignored.

This is unacceptable.

These issues affect the way in which I use my computers and network. Your software has been uninstalled and I request that you freeze my registered key until these issues have been resolved.

Please confirm that my key has been frozen. If this is not possible, I will seek a refund from the distributor.

Regards,

Jared

Comments

• Hello,

I have merged the two tickets into a single one (ID: 201104161000699). An answer was sent via email in response to your request. Also be kindly informed that the fix for the firewall issue you encounter will be release soon, with the new build 14.0.30.

The fix was only released for the x86 (32-bits) systems.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

I have merged the two tickets into a single one (ID: 201104161000699). An answer was sent via email in response to your request. Also be kindly informed that the fix for the firewall issue you encounter will be release soon, with the new build 14.0.30.

The fix was only released for the x86 (32-bits) systems.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Hi Danydan,

Thank you for the response and thank you for the emails!

My tickets refered to 3 specific firewall issues:

1. The firewall not remembering any additional rules after a reboot.

2. The firewall would sporadically forget whether I had stated I was connected to a Home/Office or Public network.

3. Data transfer across the network between two pc's with the Firewall enabled was incredibly slow (down to approx 500KB/s).

Will the new build fix all three issues and when do you expect for the new build to be released?

Thanks,

Jared

• Hi Jared,

The first two issues are considered as one. The third one can be resolved with the workaround below. I can only confirm for the first two will be resolved into the new build 14.30.

Regarding the third one, I have already escalate it to the respectful department and, as soon as I will have a confirmation, I will let you know.

The workaround for the slow network traffic is to disable the IPv6 however please note that you will need to re-enable IPv6 if you wish to create a new Homegroup or join one. You can read all related info already discussed in the topic below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=26446

I will close this topic as we already discuss this issue on the topic mentioned above.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.