Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Cd Fails To Update Definitions

Options
codywilliams856
edited February 2022 in The Archive

I have tried and tried and I cannot get the BitDefender rescue cd to update on an old Dell laptop of mine I use for testing AV products. I get different error codes each time almost.

Someone help! :wacko:

Comments

• crinwp
    Options
    I have tried and tried and I cannot get the BitDefender rescue cd to update on an old Dell laptop of mine I use for testing AV products. I get different error codes each time almost.

Someone help! :wacko:

Cody,

Hopefully this helps you and others in the future. The CAPS and bolding below is for visibility only, I'm not yelling, I just want people to be able to see it. :)

THE PROBLEM: BITDEFENDER RESCUE CD CANNOT AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURE YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET TO RECEIVE THE UPDATES

FIXIT STEPS:

1. Start the Rescue CD as per usual.

2. Cancel the update error and the automatic scanner.

3. GoTo the toolbar at the bottom (middle) of the screen, the one with the little tiny black mouse on the left side of it.

4. On the right side of that toolbar is an icon that looks like to superimposed windows. It is the second to the farmost right icon on that toolbar. If you hover on that icon for a second, you'll see a popup flag that says "No Network Connected".

5. Now click on that icon. When the tool list comes up, you'll see that the BitDefender Rescue CD system is not connected to a network.

6. Configure your network connection from there. It is EASY!

WIRELESS: If you have a WiFi card in your computer, you should see the ESSD name of your network, or another available one. Click on the network and type in the password. It will then connect to that network and now the virus definition updating should work. CAUTION: If you double-click on, or click on the network connection again, IT WILL DISCONNECT! If that happens, just restart the network connection the same way as you just did.

ETHERNET: If you have a wired (ethnet) network connection, click on it and it should connect automatically. ONLY CLICK ON IT ONCE OR IT WILL CONNECT AND THEN DISCONNECT! If it does, go back to it and click on it ONCE again.

7. Now, on the desktop, right-click the BitDefender Scannner icon (red ball looking thing) and click on "execute". The scanner should then open and you can click on "Update". It should now update the virus definitions.

8. Once the update finishes, close the update box.

9. Now click on the "Scan" icon and select where you want to it to scan as per usual.

NOTE: IF YOU RESTART THE COMPUTER, OR THE NEXT TIME YOU USE THIS RESCUE CD, YOU'LL HAVE TO REPEAT THESE STEPS AGAIN.

• Hi, What should I do if it says "no network devices available"? Is there a way to load my device drivers or to include them into the iso?

Thanks,

Greg

Cody,

Hopefully this helps you and others in the future. The CAPS and bolding below is for visibility only, I'm not yelling, I just want people to be able to see it. :)

THE PROBLEM: BITDEFENDER RESCUE CD CANNOT AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURE YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET TO RECEIVE THE UPDATES

FIXIT STEPS:

1. Start the Rescue CD as per usual.

2. Cancel the update error and the automatic scanner.

3. GoTo the toolbar at the bottom (middle) of the screen, the one with the little tiny black mouse on the left side of it.

4. On the right side of that toolbar is an icon that looks like to superimposed windows. It is the second to the farmost right icon on that toolbar. If you hover on that icon for a second, you'll see a popup flag that says "No Network Connected".

5. Now click on that icon. When the tool list comes up, you'll see that the BitDefender Rescue CD system is not connected to a network.

6. Configure your network connection from there. It is EASY!

WIRELESS: If you have a WiFi card in your computer, you should see the ESSD name of your network, or another available one. Click on the network and type in the password. It will then connect to that network and now the virus definition updating should work. CAUTION: If you double-click on, or click on the network connection again, IT WILL DISCONNECT! If that happens, just restart the network connection the same way as you just did.

ETHERNET: If you have a wired (ethnet) network connection, click on it and it should connect automatically. ONLY CLICK ON IT ONCE OR IT WILL CONNECT AND THEN DISCONNECT! If it does, go back to it and click on it ONCE again.

7. Now, on the desktop, right-click the BitDefender Scannner icon (red ball looking thing) and click on "execute". The scanner should then open and you can click on "Update". It should now update the virus definitions.

8. Once the update finishes, close the update box.

9. Now click on the "Scan" icon and select where you want to it to scan as per usual.

NOTE: IF YOU RESTART THE COMPUTER, OR THE NEXT TIME YOU USE THIS RESCUE CD, YOU'LL HAVE TO REPEAT THESE STEPS AGAIN.