Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Bitdefender Internetsecurity 2010 64bit Exe

Options

I have problem of iinstalling "BitDefender Internetsecurity 2010 64bit exe" into my laptop (HP Pavillion, Win XP, 64 bit). I always saw the error message, telling me that this installation package is for 32bit processor, but my system is 64 bit.

I installed several times, and everytime I saw the same error message. I don't know what caused this and how I can find a solution.

Thank you for help,

-- Quinnt

Comments

• George R.
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello Quinnt,

If the laptop has at least 1GB RAM, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version. The automated 32/64bit install kit can be downloaded from here

Otherwise, the 64bit install kit for BitDefender Internet Security 2010 can be downloaded from here

Let us know if issue persists.

• Quinnt
    Options
    Hello Quinnt,

If the laptop has at least 1GB RAM, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version. The automated 32/64bit install kit can be downloaded from here

Otherwise, the 64bit install kit for BitDefender Internet Security 2010 can be downloaded from here

Let us know if issue persists.

• Quinnt
    Options

George:

Thank you for your timely reply.

Although I have 2 Gb RAM, I was not so sure to go the first link you mentioned to me.

I went to the second link but found I would download the same "BD_Intermetsecurity_2010_64b.exe" that I saved in my computer. I would reproduce the same problem.

Do you have another possibilities to think of?

BTW, my laptop has so-called "AMD Turion 64 mobile technoloty", does that mean a 64-bit (or higher) processor to you?

Quinnt

• Quinnt
    edited May 2011
    Options

George:

To express my good faith, I downloaded the "BD_Internetsecurity_2010_64b.exe" from the second link you recommended. After servral minutes of progress, the same error message appeared (What I got was a 32 bt version, not 64 bit version). That is, the problem was reproducible. I am affraid if I don't change strategy I won't succeed.

Quinnt

• nikki605
    Options

Quinnt - This may sound like a dumb question, so please don't be offended. Are you sure you have a Windows XP 64-bit system? From what you describe, it sounds like BD is finding a 32-bit system. 64-bit Windows XP systems are not very common. My Windows XP Professional PC is 32-bit and I have included some screen shots for reference.

Here is how you can verify the architecture as 32-bit or 64-bit:

Microsoft Windows XP Home is only a 32-bit OS, there is no 64-bit version.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional can be either.

Method 1

1. Click Start, then click on Run or Start Search.

2. Type msinfo32.exe and then press Enter key.

3. In “System Information”, review the value for the System Type item:

For 32-bit editions of Windows, the value of the System Type item is x86-based PC.

For 64-bit editions of Windows, the value of the System Type item is x64-based PC.

post-35640-1306770090_thumb.jpg

Method 2

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click the General tab. The operating system appears as follows:

For a 64-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version <Year> appears under System.

For a 32-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.

Note <Year> is a placeholder for a year.

post-35640-1306770105_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Quinnt
    Options

George:

Attached please find what I saw from "Method 2" (start--run--sysdm.cpl--general).

According to this window what's your decision?

Quinnt

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7939" data-fileid="7939" rel="">Attachment.doc

• Quinnt
    Options
  • nikki605
    Options

Now that you know your PC's OS is Windows XP Media Center, which is a 32-bit OS, you should download and install the version from the first link that George gave you in his post.

Regards,

• Thanks for the help Gary. :D

@Quinnt: I will give you the download links for the 32bit install kits for both BitDefender versions, 2010 and 2011.

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 can be downloaded from here

BitDefender Internet Security 2011 can be downloaded from here

I hope this resolves the issue at hand.

• nikki605
    Options

You're welcome, George. :)

Hopefully, Quinnt will have a successful install of BD, now.

Regards,