Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Enable Firewall In Bdis 2011

After restarting...I am getting the following error for my Firewall module

and can not enable firewall as in these jpgs.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64bit firewall until I can get this solved:

post-31073-1307024148_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1307024070_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1307024026_thumb.jpg

Thanks...TRinAZ

Comments

• Tried all 3 steps in http://www.bitdefender.com/world/Knowledge...ticle/794/...no joy. Windows Firewall is/was turned off during above steps ?

TRinAZ

• Hello,

After restarting...I am getting the following error for my Firewall module
    - after you installed the new build ?

From what I can see at first look from the screenshots, looks like you uninstalled the Firewall driver however the reinstall was not done successfully. The reason why you encounter this issue is because you applied a patch when it was not needed to. The patch mentioned in the KB article above is not applicable for any type of Firewall issue.

I also believe that this can be resolved with a BitDefender repair. Please provide me with more details about the first screenshot: when you encountered that error message ? Try to reproduce the last few steps you took on the PC.

What network adapter (network card) are you using ? Don't get me wrong but I have noticed more issues on your PC in particular than most of the PCs I have worked with - and I am talking here about weird issues that can't be reproduced on any machine/environment except your PC.

Do you have any external devices attached to the PC ? Do you use a router ? What kind of router ? It has a Firewall included ?

I'm not convinced that the issue presented in your first screenshot is related to BitDefender. Please read the Microsoft article below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...8e-71448edeac45

Also please try to provide more details when you encounter an issue so I can best understand it.

Thank you!

• Hello,

- after you installed the new build ?

From what I can see at first look from the screenshots, looks like you uninstalled the Firewall driver however the reinstall was not done successfully. The reason why you encounter this issue is because you applied a patch when it was not needed to. The patch mentioned in the KB article above is not applicable for any type of Firewall issue.

I also believe that this can be resolved with a BitDefender repair. Please provide me with more details about the first screenshot: when you encountered that error message ? Try to reproduce the last few steps you took on the PC.

What network adapter (network card) are you using ? Don't get me wrong but I have noticed more issues on your PC in particular than most of the PCs I have worked with - and I am talking here about weird issues that can't be reproduced on any machine/environment except your PC.

Do you have any external devices attached to the PC ? Do you use a router ? What kind of router ? It has a Firewall included ?

I'm not convinced that the issue presented in your first screenshot is related to BitDefender. Please read the Microsoft article below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...8e-71448edeac45

Also please try to provide more details when you encounter an issue so I can best understand it.

Thank you!

Repair Install worked fine...getting pretty good at the Repair Install feature.

Is there a way to replace the repaired files with the XML file containing the excluded files in Anti Virus/exclude section. Replacing all settings works fine and is quick except it doesn't replace the exclusions list.

I have to manually recreate the files I want in the scan exclusions list

When trying to replace the default exclusions XML file...I get a permission denied message...same with trying to edit (copy/paste) the previously saved exclsuions..."do not have permissions" to edit..move...copy/replace file ?

Thanks...Tim

• Hi Tim,

You get the permission denied because you need to replace the files in Safe Mode, not in Windows normal mode where all the BitDefender files are protected.

Exclusions added into Advanced Settings under Antivirus ? Then you need the file mdsettings.xml from:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings

Exclusions added into Antivirus -> Exclusions ? Then you need the file excludemgr.xml from:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings\system

Best regards,

• Hi Tim,

You get the permission denied because you need to replace the files in Safe Mode, not in Windows normal mode where all the BitDefender files are protected.

Exclusions added into Advanced Settings under Antivirus ? Then you need the file mdsettings.xml from:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings

Exclusions added into Antivirus -> Exclusions ? Then you need the file excludemgr.xml from:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings\system

Best regards,

Thanks as always DD...I'm refering to the excludemgr.xml file...never have figured out exactly what the Exclusions added into Advanced Settings under Antivirus were/was for ?

Tim

• Hi again,

There are two types of exclusions:

- one of AVC and IDS (those files will skip any check made for malicious scripts and behavior); this can be find under: Antivirus >> Advanced Settings >> Exclusions.

- the second exclusions are under Antivirus >> Exclusions are to skip files from being scanned by the Real Time Protection module.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime Tim!

Yours,