Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hp Mediasmart Windows Home Server Backup Not Working

Options

I just installed Bitdefender 2011 total security and my HP MediaSmart Server can no longer back up my PC. I can see the server dashboard via my PC and initiate a manual backup but the back up fails. Prior to installing Bitdefender the backups worked fine. I've tried to downgrade the firewall security level in bitdefender and it still has the problem. I have McAfee Total Protection installed on the MediaSmart Server.

Thoughts? Will I have to uninstall Mcafee Total protection from my server and install Bitdefender or is there a simpler way?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

What is the error message you receive when trying to back-up ? Please post a screenshot.

Also I would recommend you the following:

- disable BitDefender Real Time Protection before starting the back-up process;

- disable McAfee Antivirus on the MediaSmart Server machine;

- extend the system reserved partition from 50 MB to 300-400 MB but NOT MORE than 500 MB !

- you can extend it using a free software like "EASEUS Partition Master 8.0.1 Home Edition".

Looking forward to your answer!