Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender Av Is Preventing Malwarebyte's From Updating.

Options

All of a sudden BitDefender has been preventing Malwarebyte's manually updating. Malwarebyte's support gave me the following advice, but I still can not get it to update properly. I know BitDefender is causing this issue because if I disable it, I can update MBAM with no problems. Anyone know any other solution?

Setting Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in BitDefender 2011 Products:

Open BitDefender

Click Options and select Expert View

Click on Antivirus on the left, then click on the Exclusions

Click the checkbox next to Exclusions are disabled so that it says Exclusions are enabled

Click the + on the upper right to add a new exclusion

Ensure Exclude by file/folder path is set, then click Next

Click Browse

Click the + next to My Computer or Computer

Click the + next to C:

Click the + next to Program Files Note: In 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)

Click once on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on OK

Repeat steps 5-9 and then click the + next to Windows

Click the + next to System32

Click the + next to drivers

Click once on mbam.sys and click on OK

Do the same for the following file:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys Note: In 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

click Next

click Finish

click Apply

In the Antivirus tab click on the Whitelist button on the bottom and add the following URL:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Click on Apply and then close the BitDefender window

Setting Exclusions for BitDefender 2011 Products in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab

Click the Add button on the lower left

In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on BitDefender and click OK

Click the Add button on the lower left

In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and click once on BitDefender and click OK

Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Carlos,

You mentioned above and allow me to quote:

I know BitDefender is causing this issue because if I disable it, I can update MBAM with no problems.

What exactly you disable within BitDefender ? What is the error message you receive ? What exactly happens when you try to update MBAM ?

Last but not least, be kindly informed that we do not offer support for MBAM. We also do not recommend using more than a single security solution installed on the same PC. Do you have MBAM registered with a license key ?

You should add the same files mentioned above however, under:

Antivirus >> Advanced Settings >> Disable IDS >> Exclusions >> Add the files above;

Let me know if the issue persist and please post more details, I can't really understand the issue with just the basics info you posted.

Best regards,

• jay222
    Options

The problem here is that bitdefender SILENTLY blocks malwarebytes from updating on windows 7 64 bit(not on XP).

Adding to the confusion is that malwarebytes false claims that there are no updates if it is blocked by BD.

Setting real time protection from standard to low temp. or the actions described above will allow malwarebytes to update.

"Last but not least, be kindly informed that we do not offer support for MBAM. We also do not recommend using more than a single security solution installed on the same PC. "

Mayby people should not have to if the average virusscanner was not so bad at scanning for mallware, spyware and hostageware which today are the real threat.

It is appoalling that BD standard has scanning for keyloggers and spyware off.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please check my screenshots below. You may have another issue preventing the two software to work together, however can't pinpoint it without further investigation.

post-20064-1308743771_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1308743777_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1308743782_thumb.jpg

• Macjack63
    Options

Hi,

Somehow the Real time protection is blocking Malwarebytes for me.

When the "Webtraffic (HTTP) scanning" underneath Antivirus -- Advanced setup is dissabled the update works fine for me.

When it is enabled it won't work for me.

To avoid constantly dissable and enable the webtraffic, I did add mbam.exe to "Game/laptop mode" -- Games managing, untill there is a solution for this problem.

Regards,

John

• Unknown
    Options

John do you have the Real Time Protection for MBAM activated ?

• Macjack63
    Options

Yes I have the Real Time Protection for MBAM activated.

• Unknown
    Options

In this case, please read the following KB article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBa...-on-the-PC.html

I have mentioned over and over that having two or more security solutions WITH a Real Time Protection module can create issues with one or even all security software you are using.

I understand you wish to have your PC overprotected however this is not the way to do it. If you wish to continue using more than a single security software on your PC, you are doing it on your own risk.

To help users who are installing additional security solutions on their PC along with other software (i.e. Adobe and McAfee Security Scan) we have added a feature upon installing BitDefender that will notify you when you have such a software and help you remove it (check my first screenshot).

With all due respect however I will not continue troubleshooting on this issue as I do not consider it a problem. It is a normal behavior for a PC using two real time protection drivers.

Kind regards,

• Macjack63
    Options

Well, so far I don't see a conflict.

No error messages, crashes or antyhing.

Only thing I know is that BD is blocking another program to update, just a simple update.

If BD this can't handle.... :(

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Only thing I know is that BD is blocking another program to update, just a simple update.

The issue is on your end because of the level of settings you choose on both programs. As seen in my screenshots I have no problem using both software and updating both.

The issue is due to the fact that you keep Real Time Protection enabled within Malwarebytes.

I see nothing further to be discussed on this thread therefore topic is now closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.