Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Login Scan Takes Forever And Consequently Can't Be Turned Off.

Options

Hallo, I have a problem on windows 7 64 bit with auto-logon scan.

It says it is running but it does not or is unbelievably slow, and as a consequence it never finishes.

Since somebody thought it was a good idea to make the GUI disappear while scanning I can't even turn it off.

No problem I thought; I look at it in safe-mode but there the virus scan applet is totally unavailable.

Comments

• jay222
    Options

Well at least I could turn it off with:

config>software>bitdefender>repair

...this will return to standard settings.

Oddly enough the auto-logon scan was still enabled, but at least the GUI was back so I turned it off before restarting (expert view>anti-virus>virus scan>auto-logon>planning).

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please make the following test:

- open Deep System Scan properties and select the scan to start at system start-up. Let me know if the same thing happens.

After repairing BitDefender from Start -> Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove does the issue still occurs ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• jay222
    Options

There are no problems with deep scan on startup.

After repair/revert to version 14.0.28 auto-logon scans does not hang, however after updating (to 14.0.28.351) auto-logon scan hangs again.

Engine version does not seem to impact the behavior.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Jay,

Do you have BitDefender in Dutch ?

I also noticed that you have installed on the same PC:

- Easy Tune 6

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I would recommend you the following:

- either upgrade BitDefender to latest build: 14.29 in which the fix for the issue you encounter has been released;

- either install the English version and upgrade to build 14.30;

- uninstall Easy Tune 6

- make sure you do NOT have the Real Time Protection enabled for Malwarebytes as it does interfere with BitDefender and it will create certain issues;

Please let me know the language of the BitDefender product you are using. Also try to update BitDefender and let me know if any update error occurs.