Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Fails To Show All Activity!

I note the firewall activity monitor shows nil activity for some processes, could this behavior be explained & how to fix.

Specifically I see Google update activity is not reported, despite clearly being large downloads.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited June 2011

Hi,

Please mention all the processes not included in the firewall activity.

Each and every post you create is incomplete. With all due respect but I can't guess the information you should post such as: What BitDefender product you are using, what Operating System, what PC architecture. Reproduce the steps you take to check the Firewall activity. Do you have the option "Hide inactive processes" enabled ?

Specifically I see Google update activity is not reported, despite clearly being large downloads.

- how do you know the Google is downloading something ?

• Hi,

Please mention all the processes not included in the firewall activity.

Each and every post you create is incomplete. With all due respect but I can't guess the information you should post such as: What BitDefender product you are using, what Operating System, what PC architecture. Reproduce the steps you take to check the Firewall activity. Do you have the option "Hide inactive processes" enabled ?

- how do you know the Google is downloading something ?

Sorry, I though as I posted within BitDefender 2011 forum it would be thought that was what I was using.

Win XP

BitDefender Internet Security 2011 V 14.0.30.357

Hide inactive processes is not enabled

I cant say what process as have not been able to identify, if I could I would stop it.

I know its google update as activity is inbound from googles servers, seen by a network sniffer.

The sniffer show it normally starts with a youtube video play, it shows the ip for the video, then a 2nd ip opens from googles servers, if the video is stopped (ie browser closed) the 2nd ip activity (inbound) continues yet bitdefender shows nil activity!!

PS 2nd ip activity is definitely nothing to do with the video itself as its that that causes the video download to slow, effecting playback.

• Hello,

Do you have any other security solutions installed on the same PC ? Any other firewalls ? Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!