Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Railworks 2 Crashes In Game Mode

Options

Railworks 2 in Game Mode

Railworks 2 used to work in Game Mode. Without Game Mode turned on, I'd get a Bitdefender popup to say it had terminated a 'csc.exe' file because it was deemed harmful and I'd get an Unhandled Exception error as Railworks itself opened.

After a fresh install of Steam and Railworks, (because the Steam client seemed a bit slow to connect and update with their servers), I get the Unhandled Exception even with Bitdefender Game Mode turned on.

The Steam client works fine. The problem occurs when I launch Railworks 2 itself.

2lub3ms.jpg

The Unhandled Exception seems to be failing to find a .dll file in my

'AppData/Temp/ folder. Each time this happens, the name of the .dll file changes, (which is probably normal).

Railworks support have done all they can. Therefore, I can't eliminate Bitdefender from being the cause, especially since the Unhandled Exception used to happen with Game Mode off and then not happen with Game Mode on.

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2011.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce GT 430

Driver version: 275.33

DirectX support: 11

CUDA Cores: 96

Core clock: 700 MHz

Shader clock: 1400 MHz

Memory clock: 700 MHz (1400 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 128-bit

Total available graphics memory: 2815 MB

Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB DDR3

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 1791 MB

Video BIOS version: 70.08.29.00.30

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Goff

Comments

• Apologies for the size of the picture in this post. I thought it would have automatically reduced to the 300x100 pixel size as stipulated in forum rules. I thought by loading it onto an external site, it would be ok.

Goff

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Goff,

No worries about the picture :) I notice in it that a certain DLL file can't be accessed however its location is a Temp folder. That makes me think that you did not save the installation kit, you run it directly upon downloading (used the option Open instead of Save to disk).

Try to save the Railworks installation file to disk then right click on it and select "Run as Administrator" to reinstall it.

If the issue still persist try to add its executable file as an exception into Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exceptions and see if the issue is resolved.

Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert Mode from the Options button. From expert view:

- Click antivirus tab

- Click Advanced Settings Button

- Click Exclusions Tab

- Click the small + button

- Add the exe file for Railworks;

- Hit OK;

- Test to see if the issue is now resolved.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Thankyou, Daniel. I'll give it a go and will report back.

The Railworks installation comes direct via the Steam client connecting to their servers, (i.e. there is no Railworks installation exe). I think there is a version which comes on a dvd, but I purchased the download version.

Goff

• Tried your suggestion..."If the issue still persist try to add its executable file as an exception into Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exceptions and see if the issue is resolved." but no joy.

Out of curiosity, I opened my Local/Temp folder as the Railworks launched and noticed that even though the .dll file it requires is missing, there 2 other files there with the same name.

24m52xg.jpg

So..maybe I should get back to Railworks support with this info.

I still don't know what sort of error this is, (Windows or antivirus or Railworks or, maybe .net framework error), but I haven't given up yet.

Goff

• Unknown
    edited June 2011
    Options

Hey Goff,

If you have the time during this weekend, maybe we can schedule a remote session ? Would like to take a closer look on this issue and find a resolution for you and any future similar requests.

Click on Details and tell me what info is listed there. Also, the files listed in the Temp folder are not DLL files but .ERR and .OUT.

Check your PM and let me know your decision.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Issue resolved.

Thanks, Daniel M at Bitdefender support), for helping me with this. My personal settings for Bitdefender were set too high and thus prevented Railworks from opening properly.

Goff

• Unknown
    Options

Hey Geoff,

Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us anytime, should you need any further assistance!

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.