Vsserv.exe Slowing Down Laptop When Exploring 'my Computer'

I have recently reinstalled my Operating System and left the D partition unformatted. Then I installed BitDefender. After installed, it goes fine. But everytime I explore 'My Computer' and browse through the partitions, vsserv.exe suddenly consumes the whole CPU and slowing down my Laptop. Even when I close the window, the CPU usage is still 99% because of it. I have turned off Automatic Update, renamed httproxy.dll, updated it to the latest, and even repaired it. Please help. I am tired of this.

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2

Comments

• Hello,

Please read our System requirements: All BitDefender 2011 products must be installed on Windows XP Service Pack 3. Please install Service Pack 3 then let us know if the issue persist.

• Hello,

Please read our System requirements: All BitDefender 2011 products must be installed on Windows XP Service Pack 3. Please install Service Pack 3 then let us know if the issue persist.

I have updated it and the problem is still occur.

• Hello again,

To first check and see if the issue you encounter is not related to an issue that was resolved earlier today, please first update BitDefender and restart the PC. If the issue still persist, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello again,

To first check and see if the issue you encounter is not related to an issue that was resolved earlier today, please first update BitDefender and restart the PC. If the issue still persist, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

I have updated it and still the same. I have just sent a PM to you.

• Hello,

I have received the logs you sent via PM. The analysis shown that some of the registry entries are corrupted. I have created a ticket ID on your behalf (ID: 201107131006928). Please check your email address associated with your forum account for the instructions on how to correctly reinstall BitDefender Total Security 2011.

Last but not least please uninstall Tune-Up Utilities from your PC as it is known that multiple security solutions may affect your PC performance. You can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel as also explained in the email I've sent you.

Please confirm that the issue is now resolved.

Kind regards,

• Hello, I am back again.

I think the cause why it makes 100% of CPU Usage is when I access a folder that I've never been accessing before I installed BitDefender.

But now it's going worse. It suddenly consumes CPU Usage about 50% since the first start.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.