Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2011 Real Time Protection Disabled Problem

Options

Hi,

Running BD Internet Security 2011 on a desktop 2.66 GHz, 1.0 GB Ram with windows XP SP3. For the last few days getting ''Real time protection disabled'', fix process always fails, reboot no help. Going to 'Expert' on dashboard A/V-- Shield shows RTP enabled but protection level scale greyed out.

Clicking on 'preferences'--product settings--security setting shows A/V 'Off', seleting 'ON', box goes blue, clicking 'Apply' button which then greys out, then clicking 'OK', but still no fix as reselecting preferences again still shows A/V 'OFF'

Booting up PC next day and problem not there.

Booted up today and problem back and still unable to fix.

Would very much appreciate your help

Thanks,

OP

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi oldpaint.

Please read this KB article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/world/Knowledge...ty-issues-.html

• Hi oldpaint.

Please read this KB article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/world/Knowledge...ty-issues-.html

Hello Cristi,

Thanks for the reply. I have already worked through the KB article quoted without success. Neither download patch worked. I have also tried repair again without success. I have read through the other post regarding this BD RTP before posting so I am really at a loss as to what what next move is .

OP

• Hello Cristi,

Thanks for the reply. I have already worked through the KB article quoted without success. Neither download patch worked. I have also tried repair again without success. I have read through the other post regarding this BD RTP before posting so I am really at a loss as to what what next move is .

OP

Hello again Cristi,

Forgot to mention in my reply that I do have Spyware Blaster also on ny Pc for some years now but I have never had a problem until this current fault came up a few days ago.

OP

• Hi,

Running BD Internet Security 2011 on a desktop 2.66 GHz, 1.0 GB Ram with windows XP SP3. For the last few days getting ''Real time protection disabled'', fix process always fails, reboot no help. Going to 'Expert' on dashboard A/V-- Shield shows RTP enabled but protection level scale greyed out.

Clicking on 'preferences'--product settings--security setting shows A/V 'Off', seleting 'ON', box goes blue, clicking 'Apply' button which then greys out, then clicking 'OK', but still no fix as reselecting preferences again still shows A/V 'OFF'

Booting up PC next day and problem not there.

Booted up today and problem back and still unable to fix.

Would very much appreciate your help

Thanks,

OP

I am having the same problem! Started after having a "live updater not responding". Did the repair or remove, then the "Real time protection disabled" problem came up. However when selecting preferences, my A/V stays on and does not gray out unless I go back in. Did the patches recommended, but they did not work. Seems like either an unknown virus or an update error from bitdefender. I am running Vista and having the same exact problem on the 2 computers running Vista.

• Hello Cristi,

OP

I ran this patch without success as well. The 2 patch came up with "installation failed"

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Hi Dany,

Many thanks for your response. I also found a problem on my laptop which took ages to boot up, could not go on line and BD desktop was also displaying RTP disabled + auto update disabled + scan never performed. Could not fix any of these problems. Booted laptop in safe mode, uninstalled Bit defender and my laptop was all back to normal.

For me this is as far as I want to go, after troublefree performance from BD 2009 & BD2010, BD2011 has been one problem after another. I am replacing my desktop for a better model and that will have a competitors A/V suite because I do not want to keep trying to get my systems to work properly.

I still have 6 months on my current licence so I will continue to monitor these boards and if you can get these bugs sorted I might come back.

OP

• Just for your information, the problem of long boot time was acknowledged and fixed by BD as discussed in this topic. A fix was released via automatic update yesterday, July 11. You may want to reinstall BD, perform an Update Now to make sure you have the fix and continue to work with DanyDan on your original issue.

Regards,