Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Frustrated With Bitdefender And Customer Service

Options

A little over a year ago, I purchased BitDefender for 3 computers for 2 years. We have had nothing but trouble with it. I will start with my desktop. In the past year, I have contacted BitDefender Tech Support a minimum of 5/6 times with issues. Here is a list of problems I continue to have.

1. Computer is so slow it is virtually unusable at times.

2. At least 4/5 times per week BitDefender will just stop "responding", and I will have to shut down my computer.

3. Each and everytime I go into Windows Mail, Windows Mail will stop working.

4. My computer will freeze up frequently.

5. Icon at the bottom always says there are issues with BitDefender.

I have contacted Tech Support and each and every time they spend about an hour telling me to go here and there changing setting and such. Nothing ever changes. They keep having me do the same things, and the problems continue. When I call back, I will go thru the same speel, telling them everything that is wrong, and they once again have me do the same thing, and nothing ever gets fixed.

My daughter has a laptop, her BitDefender is always "Not Working", and when it is, it slows down her computer.

My son's laptop, he never even got to install it as he needed to download it, and he couldn't get it to download, so he just put a free virus protection on it.

I have asked for a refund repeatedly, asked for help repeatedly, and no one ever answers my emails. I am so disgusted with BitDefender, paying that money for 2 years for 3 computers and it doesn't work properly on any of them. I should of know it was going to be a problem working with them, as I had to call 2 times to get my hardcopy of the virus protection even though it had been paid for for 2 months. Ugg.

I currently have Avast free virus protection on my computer, as I got so frustrated with BitDefender bogging my system down I removed it.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do. I have tried to contact them, but no response.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Comments

• Welcome back to the forum. :)

Since you posted in the 2010 forum, I assume that is still the version you are trying to use as in your previous post last year - HERE. But, you didn't respond to DanyDan's (BD tech support) reply, so no conclusion was reached.

If your PCs meet the minimum requirements (which you didn't provide) you can upgrade for free to the 2011 version as described in this topic.

But first, you need to provide the system configuration for each PC. Or, it may be best to start with just one PC to see if we can resolve the issue with it.

This is the type of information we need:

Which BD 2010 product are you trying to install - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

What type & speed processor (CPU)?

How much memory (RAM) is installed?

Which Windows OS (XP, Vista or 7)?

Is the OS 32-bit or 64-bit?

What Service Packs (SP) are installed?

Are you current with all Microsoft critical updates?

What antivirus, antispyware, antimalware, firewall program(s) are currently installed, if any?

What web browser (and version) are you using?

System slowdowns are often caused by an incomplete installation of BD or a conflict with another security program. Each of your systems will have to be examined individually to identify the issue.

Awaiting your reply,

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello Marie,

As you have purchased a BitDefender product over one year ago, we can not refund you. You purchased BitDefender on 2010-05-07. All I can offer you at this time is assistance in troubleshooting the issue you encounter, on each of the PCs affected.

However, in order to do this, you must have BitDefender installed on that PC. From what you describe in your topic, I would believe that you either:

- have old traces of a previous installation of BitDefender;

- have old traces of a previous installation of another security solution;

- incorrect uninstall/reinstall of BitDefender;

Please provide us with the information mentioned above my Gary and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

I took ownership of the ticket you have open with us. ID: 201107121001855. Please note that the only emails we got from your are:

- the ticket above sent on 07/06/2011 23:40:14;

- a previous ticket created after a conversation over the phone with one of my colleagues 69 days 17 hours ago with ID: 201105041013348. If you used a different email address than the one you are registered with, please tell me the email so I can locate all your tickets.

Kind regards,

• MarieB
    Options
    Hello Marie,

As you have purchased a BitDefender product over one year ago, we can not refund you. You purchased BitDefender on 2010-05-07. All I can offer you at this time is assistance in troubleshooting the issue you encounter, on each of the PCs affected.

However, in order to do this, you must have BitDefender installed on that PC. From what you describe in your topic, I would believe that you either:

Please provide us with the information mentioned above my Gary and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

I took ownership of the ticket you have open with us. ID: 201107121001855. Please note that the only emails we got from your are:

- a previous ticket created after a conversation over the phone with one of my colleagues 69 days 17 hours ago with ID: 201105041013348. If you used a different email address than the one you are registered with, please tell me the email so I can locate all your tickets.

Kind regards,

• MarieB
    Options

Over the past months, I have contacted BitDefender several times to try to get the problems solved. Each and every time I am told to do the same things that don't work. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but I have 10 emails right now in my INBOX that were responses from BitDefender when I contacted them starting back in May of 2010. I really don't care that I have have BitDefender for over 1 year, I have repeatedly tried to get help in fixing the problems, and no one was able to do that. Even early on when I contacted BitDefender and asked for a refund I was denied.

It is rediculous that a customer should have to contact BitDefender over and over to get something resolved.

And I have REMOVED BITDEFENDER from my computer and installed a different virus protection. As I said, I could no longer use my computer in the way it was intended, as it would freeze up, shut down, etc. This is just wrong that the company will not help customers fix problems with their products, let alone after repeatedly calling several time and not being able rectify the problem, refuse to refund. If I had not been calling and requesting and trying to solve the problem over the past months, that would be another story, but I have, and I have the emails to prove it. You want the emails, send me your email addy and I will forward all of them to you.

This is rediculous that nothing has/will be done.

BitDefender has been nothing but a nightmare for me.

Marie

Hello Marie,

Kind regards,

• mhs
    Options

As I have found out, even when you remove BitDefender, your problems are not over. I removed BitDefender in March 2010. In August 2010, the auto-billed me for another year of use. This was 6 months after I removed the product and asked them to remove my registration. It took many, many emails for them to finally refund the money.

Now, in August 2011, they have done it again! They are trying to auto-bill me even though I removed the product well over a year ago and have notified them of that fact on numerous occasions.

I just want them to go away!