Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Run A Scan

Options

Good day! I am running a Windows XP SP3 machine with BD 2011 a/v. It has been having perpetual problems running scheduled and on-demand scans. It consistently stops scanning and it seems random when it occurs. One thing I notice is that it always estimates the running time to be more than 6+ hours to perform the scan. I've checked event logs, but nothing shows up for an application hang. I have performed an uninstall/reinstall, which did not resolve. I have run additional malware programs and registry cleaners thinking maybe it was infected, but those have not improved the situation either. The system does not have Windows Search Index so that's not holding it up. I really need to find the solution to this, or choose another a/v program that will function.

I have included a screen shot of the error as it appears on the system when it does stop. Thanks in advance for any solutions!

Sean

post-67043-1310483219_thumb.png

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. :)

Here are a couple of things I would check:

1. Do you have the latest build of BDAV Pro 2011 - right-click on the red BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select About. The current Build is 14.0.30.357. If you do not have the latest Build, right-click on the red BD icon again, but this time select Update Now.

2. You mentioned, "have run additional malware programs and registry cleaners..." Specifically, what programs? Were any of these installed and run since the last reinstall of BDAV? Did you use the BD Uninstall Tool when you uninstalled BD? If any of the other programs have real time protection modules that get loaded and executed in memory, they may be conflicting with BDAV and could cause a problem like the one you are experiencing. If you have any security programs installed that include real time protection, go to that company's website and look for their Uninstall Tool. Download and run it to completely remove it from your PC. A list of the more common security program Uninstall Tools can be found in this pinned topic.

If this does not resolve the problem, there is a tool that can be run and log files created that can be submitted to tech support for further investigation.

Regards,