Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home Network

Options

Hi,

I keep getting the message " The PC is currently managed remotely by another PC in your household. You can choose to leave this network and start a new network by clicking on the button below." Disable Network" is the button below. I have checked all things to do on this forum and everything should be working correctly. But it won't connect. Could it be my router? Just got a Netgear WNDR3700, and I am connected to old laptop running XP. Which I can find in y Homegroup and get in to. Please help.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello and welcome on our Forums!

Please explain few things for me:

But it won't connect

- where are you trying to connect to?;

The message "The PC is currently managed remotely by another PC in your household" is displayed when you have a secondary PC using BitDefender, having the Home Network enabled and set as Server. A second PC, in the same network, will be considered as Client PC so the message above will be displayed.

- what Service Pack are you using on your Windows XP ?

- please post a screenshot of the message you receive;

- reproduce the steps you take until you see that message;

- how many PCs you have in your local network and how many have BitDefender installed and the Home Network module enabled;

Looking forward to your answer!

• I have several computers , each with windows 7 home premium 64 bit and running bitdefender.

I'm unable to pair them for the home-network.

the master computer can not identify or add any other computer.

when i try to add a PC from the other computers as regular, it shows a message that the computer is being managed remotely and suggests to have the computer as master.

any one has a solution for this.

• Hello Senior Newbie here: please be patient! I discarded a competitor product to install Bit Defender (Hereafter "BD")

I have this same problem, almost exactly as described but additionally I cannot add computers to the network. My own network, via TP-Link TD-W8960N Router:

PC: home build - mobo: Gigabyte G41MFT-US2H - Dual Core 6400 4GB RAM, 500GB WD 5000AAKS Hdd. Connected via Ethernet cable Cat 5e.

HP Pavilion DV7 Laptop, 4Gb Ram connected via TP-Link WN-821N wireless adapter. Both computers running Win7 64 bit, Service Pack 1, the (genuine) Win7 discs are each single-licence. (that's 'license' in US English)

I have HomeGroup set up and the computers can "see" each other but not communicate. I have setup Sharing between computers.

This is the message I receive when entering BD and trying to setup Network by entering computers:

"Please enter the password for this home network (this is the password that was set when you turned on Bit Defender Home Management.)"

There are two problems with that. 1. - I did not set up Home Management in BD. 2. - I have tried the only password I have and the BD Licence Key.

I begin to wonder if Router connection by wireless and Ethernet is the problem; can anyone advise about that? I originally setup the Network via Ethernet to both computers.

I have accessed the BD Support Centre and printed out "How to configure Home Network module when it is not functioning properly" I intend to now apply the information/settings within that printout and will return to this Topic with results. I may be prevented from doing so, by my final descent into complete insanity.

• Hi again

Further to my last:

I have solved this issue myself, with the help of BD Support Center (that's Centre in US English :rolleyes:)

Anyone having this or a similar problem should go first to BDSC ( ;)I have acronym fever today ) and find the page "How to Configure the Home Network module when it is not functioning properly."

I setup my Network, then HomeGroup in Windows7. Then I followed the excellent BDSC instructions. Now my laptop and PC communicate and I can print from either machine. The PC is Server (Master) and the lappy is near the Router and connects via wireless. There is no problem with the fact that the PC is 2 rooms away and connected via a 20 metre Cat 5e cable, in the loft of my bungalow.

I would encourage and advise anyone to use the Support Center before posting here. If a 66-year old ex-Motor Engineer can follow the instructions, Y'all gotta have a clue! :P

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

That KB article is available here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...operly-792.html

Thank you.