Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Win 7 64 Bit And Bd Firewall

Options

For some reason, on my win 7 64 bit computer, my bit defender Home security 2011 firewall keeps getting turned off and I keep getting notifications to either turn it back on, or turn on windows firewall. I have reset this many times, even to the extent of going into windows firewall settings, and disabling it to allow other firewalls to operate, but nothing seems to help. I'd very much appreciate some help and advice on this problem.

Also...just in case I haven't used the proper procedure to appeal to this forum for help, I am really at a loss as to how to proceed to request help on this forum. What I'm doing now is just a guess, and I hope it's correct.

JASP

post-67132-1310945720_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello and welcome on our Forums!

I do suspect a faulty installation of the BitDefender Firewall or even for the entire software. In order to check that, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

To learn more about how to post a request on the forum please check my signature and the link on the Forum Rules.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello again,

I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107221031893. Please check your email address (the one you mentioned in your PM) and send me the two log files once generated.

• Hello again,

I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107221031893. Please check your email address (the one you mentioned in your PM) and send me the two log files once generated.

My apologies for seeming so dense here, but to what email address do I send the two log files, which again I say that they seem to exceed the 3MB limit set on attachments. Also...I am only aware of you asking for ONE log file, the *BDSP_REG-PC_2011_07_11_52.zip* file that I referred to in my previous PM to you

Reg Harris

• Unknown
    Options

No worries Reg, that's why I'm here :)

You should have received an email from me on your bell.ca email. Simply hit the 'Reply' button, attach the logs and any other info you may find useful and then hit the 'Send' button.

• No worries Reg, that's why I'm here :)

You should have received an email from me on your bell.ca email. Simply hit the 'Reply' button, attach the logs and any other info you may find useful and then hit the 'Send' button.

I guess that's where the problem is. I have NOT received that email from you! Something has gone wrong somewhere. Could you try sending it again? To *rharris@bell.ca* Hopefully, this time I will get it.

Reg

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Email resent in response to the ticket ID: 201107221031893.

Please confirm that you got the email.

Regards,

• Hello,

Email resent in response to the ticket ID: 201107221031893.

Please confirm that you got the email.

Regards,

I still have not received that email. ??? I don't understand why I haven't. I find it totally baffling.

JASP (Aug 1, 2011)

• I am so sorry. They changed my email to rharris@bell.net...........NOT rharris@bell.ca.............I guess that explains why I haven't been receiving your emails. My sincere apologies for not catching this sooner. Hope you will extend your patience far enough to send your reply once more... to "rharris@bell.net"

JASP

• Run BitDefender Internet Security on Windows 7, open the main interface.

Now choose "Firewall" item from the left column, and the click "Settings" tab. First make sure BitDefender firewall is enabled. And then you customized the setting options.

Also, you can click "Advanced Settings" to open firewall advanced settings on BitDefender 2010. Finish settings close the window, please.

That is all about how to set BitDefender Internet Security 2010 firewall on Windows 7, it is very simple for you. As a comprehensive internet secure application, BitDefender will allow users to surf Internet, send and receive emails, and download files from web with confidence, stopping any online threats from networks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

You could also try the new Bitdefender 2012. Free upgrade for all customers.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=215&id=42

Thank you.