Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender 2011 Blocking Router Web Interface

Options

I have bitdefender internet security 2011 in a windows 7 box.

My broadband modem souter (sagem) has a web interface at 192.168.2.1

Although I have the same configuration for months now, yesterday bitdefender decided to start blocking the access:

BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected.

Any idea why?

I have tried putting the ip to whitelists but no luck

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello and welcome on our Forums!

I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107201046234.

The issue you encounter has been already acknowledged by our Team and we are working towards a resolution. I will need however your help in making few simple tests to see which is resolving the issue, as follows:

Test 1: Disable HTTP traffic option:

- open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Option button;

- go to Antivirus tab and click on "Custom Level";

- uncheck the box "Scan HTTP traffic";

- test to see if the issue is now resolved;

Test 2: try to open the router configuration page by typing router in the address bar and see if the page still gets blocked.

Test 3: try to open the router configuration page by typing router/index.html in the address bar and see if the page still gets blocked.

Do NOT add www to the addresses from test 2 and 3.

Test 4: disable Real Time Protection from within BitDefender and see if the issue is now resolved.

Last but not least please provide me with FULL information on the router type you are using.

Best regards,

• wroenn
    Options

Same problem here !!

192.168.2.1 doesn't work

easy.box works

plz keep me informed

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello Wroenn,

Please define: easy.box works

Can I also have your router's full details ? Brand and exact model or a link with its description (even a link from an online shop) ?

Also please provide me with the results of the tests I've posted above, including a Support Tool log, generated as explained below.

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• fagath
    Options
    Hello and welcome on our Forums!

I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107201046234.

The issue you encounter has been already acknowledged by our Team and we are working towards a resolution. I will need however your help in making few simple tests to see which is resolving the issue, as follows:

Test 1: Disable HTTP traffic option:

- open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Option button;

- go to Antivirus tab and click on "Custom Level";

- uncheck the box "Scan HTTP traffic";

- test to see if the issue is now resolved;

Test 2: try to open the router configuration page by typing router in the address bar and see if the page still gets blocked.

Test 3: try to open the router configuration page by typing router/index.html in the address bar and see if the page still gets blocked.

Do NOT add www to the addresses from test 2 and 3.

Test 4: disable Real Time Protection from within BitDefender and see if the issue is now resolved.

Last but not least please provide me with FULL information on the router type you are using.

Best regards,

Thanks for your reply

Typing just router at the address bar in firefox 5 takes me to www.router.com

I followed the steps by disabling scan http traffic and I was able to open the router web interface at 192.168.2.1

192.168.2.1/index.html opens as well

My router is a Sagem model.

Runtime Code Version: F@st 1500WG SP Ver. 3.0.6.c (Jun 13 2007 09:51:07)

Boot Code Version: 0.73.3

ADSL Modem Code Version: 06.00.02.00A

Is wise though to keep unchecked this option? (scan http traffic?)

• Unknown
    Options

Hello again,

I have written a tool that will apply an workaround for the issue you encounter until the permanent fix will be released.

Filon: I have replied to your ticket ID: 201107201046234. Please check your email for the steps you need to follow.

Wroenn: I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107201053106. Please check your email for the steps you need to take to apply to suggested workaround until the permanent fix will be delivered.

Best regards,

• fagath
    Options

Ok it worked for me.

Any idea why this behaviour all of a sudden?

Hello again,

I have written a tool that will apply an workaround for the issue you encounter until the permanent fix will be released.

Filon: I have replied to your ticket ID: 201107201046234. Please check your email for the steps you need to follow.

Wroenn: I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201107201053106. Please check your email for the steps you need to take to apply to suggested workaround until the permanent fix will be delivered.

Best regards,

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Yes, a signature in the cloud servers. The fix will be delivered via the automatic update by tomorrow night. I will keep everyone posted and inform you via email and forum when the fix will be released.

@Wroenn: did the patch resolved the issue on your end too ?

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

• wroenn
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @Wroenn: did the patch resolved the issue on your end too ?

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

I'm sorry to report, that the patch didn't work on my WIN7/64 System.

So, the IP is still blocked.

This is not really a major problem, but it should be fixed in the future anyhow...

have a nice weekend

EDIT:

I tried again today and it works OK now.

It definitely didn't work yesterday.

Are there any changes in the last update??

• Unknown
    Options
    Yes, a signature in the cloud servers. The fix will be delivered via the automatic update by tomorrow night. I will keep everyone posted and inform you via email and forum when the fix will be released.

Glad to see the issue is resolved after the applied fix released via the Automatic Update Module.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,