Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Chkdsk Utility

Ever since I have installed BD 2011, even if I shut down my pc properly, the Chkdsk utility is run at the startup of the pc, and it is not even completed.

When it is like 33% complete, it is automatically aborted.

Then I get an error message saying that some of the files need to be checked and asking me to run the Chkdsk utility manually.

And when I do it, the entries which are truncated are all from:

Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop.

What am I supposed to do?

Comments

• It would be helpful if you gave us more information about your PC - which Windows OS, service pack and architecture? Which BD 2011 product - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

I cannot remember another user posting here with the problem you describe and relating it to BD. With limited information to go on, I think the problem may be coincidental and not related to BD.

If you are running WinXP, there is a known problem with what is called the "dirty bit" that causes chkdsk to run at every boot. You may find some help in this Microsoft KB article.

Regards,

• It would be helpful if you gave us more information about your PC - which Windows OS, service pack and architecture? Which BD 2011 product - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

I cannot remember another user posting here with the problem you describe and relating it to BD. With limited information to go on, I think the problem may be coincidental and not related to BD.

If you are running WinXP, there is a known problem with what is called the "dirty bit" that causes chkdsk to run at every boot. You may find some help in this Microsoft KB article.

Regards,

Its Windows XP SP2. And I use BD Total Security 2011.

I agree that it may be more a problem of my PC rather than BD, but the proble has started AFTER I installed BD into my PC.

• I understand that the problem started after installing BD, so it may seem reasonable to assume that BD caused the problem, but that may be an incorrect assumption.

First, you need to upgrade WinXP to the latest service pack - SP3.

I can only suggest that you follow the Microsoft KB article and see if it fixes the problem.

Also, if you do what I did and do a web search for chkdsk runs at boot, you will find dozens of results. It is a common problem.

Regards,