Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Advanced Firewall Config Issue

Options
TIEPAN
edited August 2011 in Firewall

Hey guys,

Ok... here I am - new PC - New fresh build of Windows7x64 - new fresh install of BDTS (updating from 2011 to 2012).

I need to isolate and allow a "packet" being blocked by the firewall.

Can't locate an "Expert View" option - so I say to myself - Hmmmmwtf?

Sooo, I navigate to -

"Home - Firewall - Advanced - Network Activity (Firewall activity) - Show Log."

I see the issue " 2011/08/04 (111.111.111.111) [bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet because of rule 24. Direction: Outbound,"

Would someone be so kind as to de-nubify my BDTS 2012 experience and tell me how on earth do I locate "RULE 24!"

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hey Tiepan,

I have a great answer for you as i was facing the exact same problem.

The solution is to go back to 2011 as Bitdefender have taken out this feature.

download it from http://download.bitdefender.com//windows/d...ty_2011_64b.exe

here is a copy of my chat transcript with them

You are now speaking with Tom of Technical Support.

Tom: hello Raksta,how may I assist you ?

Raksta: Hi I have just downloaded bitdefender 2012 and in the advanced firewall config I can no longer see the system rules to modify them, how can i get it to display expert view like in 2011

Tom: BD 2012 is an advance version

Tom: the options and the display is different from the one you see on 2011

Tom: the options are slightly different but most of all are the same as in the previous version

Raksta: ok but in the advanced firewall settings section I can not view all rules or system rules. I need to be able to re-order and prioritise rules like i used to in 2011

Tom: ok Raksta,let me see what I can do for you

Raksta: ok

Tom: ok,I have checket and in the 2012 version this option is no longer available

Raksta: this is a message thats coming up in the bitdefender log.

2011/08/05 00:50:12.275 [bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet because of rule 24. Direction: Outbound, Local Address: FE80:0000:0000:0000:EC72:2A68:F66A:203E:59860, Remote Address: FF02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:000C:3702, Protocol: 17, Local Packet: 0, PID: 2464, Process: c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe, Cmd. Line: -k localservice.

Raksta: with the new bitdefender 2012 I can no longer tell what rule 24 is

Tom: yes,but it will still block any infected file and it will behave just as well as 2011

Raksta: but it's not AV that I have a problem with it's the firewall configuration

Tom: I know

Raksta: one of the key features of me purchasing bitdefender over norton or any other product was the firewall configuration was excellent till the 2012 release If i continue using 2011 will av engine updates still be released

Tom: you can use the 2011 version,and yes there will be available updates for it

Tom: but I recomend that you use the curent version

Raksta: why do you recommend using the new version? according to the forums alot of people are complaining about decrease of speed with the new version

Tom: I depends also on the computer that you are using

Raksta: where can i download the previous 2011 version from?

Raksta: it's not my computer I am running a intel core i7 975 with 12gb ram, Raid 0 SSD Driver

Tom: ok Raksta

Tom: I see you have a very good computer

Raksta: i am in the IT field as well so i need to keep abreast of technology

Tom: I will provide you with the link to download the 2011 version

Raksta: thank you

Tom: I will need to know what type of OS you use and what version of BD you need ?

Raksta: I need BD 2011 for win7 x64

Tom: antivirus,internet security or total security ?

Raksta: total security

Tom: http://download.bitdefender.com//windows/d...ty_2011_64b.exe

Tom: this is the download link

Raksta: thank you for your assistance. and please let your development guys if they wish to keep more advanced users as customers they need to re-activate these features in future releases and / or patches

Tom: is there anything else I may be able to assit you at the moment ?

Raksta: no thats all thanks

• mr_vmp
    edited August 2011
    Options

Ops Nice Report BD 2012 need update

Dont Install 2012 :rolleyes:

• Hello TIEPAN,

To see the rule 24 you need to open BitDefender Security Center and click on 'Firewall'. There go to 'Applications Rules' under Firewall >>> Advanced. Note that the rules counting is done from up to bottom: first rule on the top is considered rule #1.

Also please upload the file rules.XML from the location below to one of the online files hosting servers such as MediaFire, RapidShare or Sendspace.com

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\Settings\Firewall

mehrdad vampire: Your second post off topic and to advert other software, your posting has been disabled for 2 weeks and warned you +20%. Please read the Forum Rules!

Regards,

• I have to agree. The control of the firewall seems to be lost in BitDefender Internet Security 2012 also. Hopefully, someone at BitDefender is listening and will put it back in. Like you we have a fair amount invested in BitDefender because of the firewall control in previous versions.

• SBMe
    Options

Very interested in the BD IS 2012 with the firewall. I have to agree, if there are no advanced (expert) settings in the firewall to make it better than the Windows 7 x64 one then what's the point.

I'd like to get just one real time solution and I've read good things about BitDefender. I just don't want to commit to it if the firewall isn't that good. I've read that having another stand alone firewall doesn't play nice with BD, so I'm really hoping you add back the expert firewall rules.

Liking your forum so far, like the good and the bad, not sugarcoated. I guess I'll just try out a trial of BDIS 2012 in VMWare Workstation 7 with Win7 x64 and set up another Win7 x64 with the BD IS 2011 and see how good the 2011 firewall really is. Just did clean install of Win7 x64 and don't want to muck it up before I take my 1st main image once I have my most important software and updates installed. Would be nice to get it right the first time :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to reply to this message.

Have a nice day.