[resolved] World Of Warcraft Installer

So 2 days ago i installed 2012 when i did that world of warcraft started to act strange with some interface settings i didn't knew why , started to post on forums saw more problems like this but no answers from no one so i decided to reinstall the game but bam the installer was crashing at 24% at world.mpq a folder was creating name Logs in the folder a txt repair-on-demand in it some with bad section detected and repaired ... i did this several times on 3 machines untill today when i removed 2012 from a machine reboot and it was working with no problems ...

I think this is not the first time , i saw some older topic on wow with some wrong detections as viruses on the game or something ...

Comments

• Hello,

What was the message when the WOW installer crashed ? Which WOW are you trying to install ? Did you used an older BitDefender version ?

I've created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201108041043521. Please send me the requested log file for further analysis along with a screenshot of the error you receive.

Kind regards,

• well yea i was using 2011 before and i had no problems , everything started with 2012 now i'm back again to 2011 , i will keep 1 laptop with 2012 to be sure wow will work like it did on 2011 even after the install (i've sent the rest screen , message , etc )

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Hello,

I have BitDefender Total Security 2012 installed on a Windows 7 x64 machine along with World of Warcraft and I have no problems playing. Please provide me with more details and the steps you take for the issue to occur so I can try to reproduce it and find the cause.

Do you play on Blizzards realms or on a private server ? Do you use to launch the game a modified wow.exe/launcher.exe file ?

Kind regards,

• Hello I also have this problem.

I'm on Windows 7 x64.

I previously used BitDefender 2011, Installed and played WoW with no problems.

My BitDefender Total Security 2012 was a fresh installation on a fresh system (totally up to date with windows updates however).

I use the blizzard installer from the website, however mine also crashes at 24% precisely (On the initial installation, not on the launcher which allows you to play while you download and install).

In my case it is the public/blizzard realms and no modified files.

• FrEaZeR
    edited August 2011

After a full format and windows install still have this problem even on bitdefender 2011 so i don't think that's the problem , doesn't matter if i use the launcher or wow.exe , i'm not using all the things from interface for example at Display -> Display Aggro Warning i keep it to never but keeps coming back to always , Buff and Debuffs -> Consolidate Buffs i keep it disabled but sometimes i find it enabled or at the minimap at the Tracking button the options there same thing or the zoom of the minimap this happens when i enter the game and exit (enter and exit , enter and exit .. :P ) doesn't matter how , log out -> exit or exit ( and i'm waiting the 20 sec if i have them ).

About the install i tryed that on 3 machines , 1 with windows 7 ultimate x64 , 1 with windows 7 home premium x32 and last one windows 7 home premium x64 , impossible to install it with bitdefender 2012 ( internet security in my case ) nothing works you can disable everything with no success .

Playing on Blizzards realms .

• Further to this problem, I have just uninstalled BD 2012 TS and installed BD 2011 TS (using the current direct download link and updates at the time of this post) and installed WoW with no trouble at all, and nothing needed to be disabled.

• Hello,

To be honest I already had WoW installed when upgrading to 2012 so didn't had to install it. I had no issues playing until last night, when my interface set to default and all addons options reset (GUI addon).

From what I've seen in the reply you sent, the issue is with the patch installers.

Any of you who still encounter the issue on a PC would agree to a remote session ? Please send me a PM if you agree and you'll have as reply the remote details.

Regards,

• Hello,

To be honest I already had WoW installed when upgrading to 2012 so didn't had to install it. I had no issues playing until last night, when my interface set to default and all addons options reset (GUI addon).

From what I've seen in the reply you sent, the issue is with the patch installers.

Any of you who still encounter the issue on a PC would agree to a remote session ? Please send me a PM if you agree and you'll have as reply the remote details.

Regards,

I had wow installed as well and the problems with interface started but i dont understand why maybe it's only coincidence because i tryed without bitdefender 2 weeks ago and i still had the problem

• If the interface issue will resurface please let me know.

• So 2 days ago i installed 2012 when i did that world of warcraft started to act strange with some interface settings i didn't knew why , started to post on forums saw more problems like this but no answers from no one so i decided to reinstall the game but bam the installer was crashing at 24% at world.mpq a folder was creating name Logs in the folder a txt repair-on-demand in it some with bad section detected and repaired ... i did this several times on 3 machines untill today when i removed 2012 from a machine reboot and it was working with no problems ...

I think this is not the first time , i saw some older topic on wow with some wrong detections as viruses on the game or something ...

Please help, I am having this exact same problem. WOW installer stops working at exactly 24% and world.mpq, although my installer jumps to that spot after about 3% and then stops working. My old antivirus could be turned off if issues like this happened. I really don't feel like I should have to uninstall my AV to install a game.

Is there anyway to disable BitDefender? I tried msconfig startup files but no luck, cant end process either, cant find any disable function in the software.

I have BitDefender 2012 Internet Security on a freshly reformatted Windows 7 64bit home premium machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Please help, I am having this exact same problem. WOW installer stops working at exactly 24% and world.mpq, although my installer jumps to that spot after about 3% and then stops working. My old antivirus could be turned off if issues like this happened. I really don't feel like I should have to uninstall my AV to install a game.

Is there anyway to disable BitDefender? I tried msconfig startup files but no luck, cant end process either, cant find any disable function in the software.

I have BitDefender 2012 Internet Security on a freshly reformatted Windows 7 64bit home premium machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing works you need to get it out of your pc , better put 2011 back :P

• jon_shep
    edited August 2011
    Nothing works you need to get it out of your pc , better put 2011 back :P

I had the same problem with bit defender 2012 , reverting back to 2011 fix the problem for me. (Win 7 64 bit edition)

I hope the Bit defender support team address this issue.

• If the interface issue will resurface please let me know.

here's the problem for the interface http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2364426681

:P

• BD 2012 still crashing the installer at 24%

• Hello,

Do you have any of the following options enabled ? If so please disable each at a time and see if the issue is resolved.

- go to Antivirus >>> disable AVC;

- go to Firewall >>> disable IDS;

If the issue still persist uncheck the option "On-access scanning" from the Antivirus module and check to see if the issue persist.

Regards,

• Hello,

Do you have any of the following options enabled ? If so please disable each at a time and see if the issue is resolved.

- go to Antivirus >>> disable AVC;

- go to Firewall >>> disable IDS;

If the issue still persist uncheck the option "On-access scanning" from the Antivirus module and check to see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Like I said nothing works ...

• Unfortunately FrEaZeR is correct, disabling AVC, IDS or On-access scanning does not provide a quick fix and the installer still jumps from 3% to 24% then crashes.

• Any of you available for a remote session today ? Please let me know via PM.

If none of you will be around today, please send me a PM with a date and time when you can be reached along with a phone number where we can call you.

Regards,

• Any of you available for a remote session today ? Please let me know via PM.

If none of you will be around today, please send me a PM with a date and time when you can be reached along with a phone number where we can call you.

Regards,

well i dont have it anymore on my laptop but i have another one with 2012 so tell me when :P

• well i dont have it anymore on my laptop but i have another one with 2012 so tell me when :P

Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

With this week's WoW patch, the updater just sat there and I ended up manually downloading the patch and running it, which seemed to screw things up a bit, so I figured it was about time for a clean install.

24% world.mpq, same as reported above and I've tried everything I can think of.

• jnebbe
    edited September 2011

I can confirm the same problem here

- windows 7 64bit machine

- windows XP machine

both have the wow installer not able to function.

Running in safe mode the patch/installer/launcher works, running in normal mode with BD running but everything disabled it does not work. BD is the only common installed resident tool on both machines.

It worked recently before upgrading to 2012 - although it is of course possible that Blizzard changed a few things in their patcher/installer code as problems with Norton are also reported in the forum, not just BD

• o_sala
    edited September 2011

Try running WOW with BD disabled and disconnecting from the internet(to be sure). See if it makes a difference. Check also the Event viewer for Extra logs. Its quite helpful actually. Give you why ur PC crashed for example.

• NevoGamer
    edited September 2011

For me, the WoW patcher starts running but just stops about 15-20% and just sits there. Disablling IDS allowed both CoH and LoTRO to launch properly. Maybe the problem is on Blizzard's side? </shrug>

NevoGamer

• Please attach the following file:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\Firewall\rules.xml

Upload it to an online files hosting server such as Sendspace, MediaFire or Rapidshare.

Send me a PM with the topic link and the download one.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I just bought a 2 yr sub to Bitdefender 2012 Total Security and having this issue.. ironiclly though i installed it last week and been having no issues.. this 2 days ago can log into wow or beta and just keeps booting me out etc...

i have done everything including go back to norton 360 atm.. Bitdefender will take some getting use to etc but i am loving it ... and takes alot less resources but i need my applications to work.. sent in 2 support tickets.. if i can get this resolved great otherwise gonna get a refund before my 30 days is up..

maybe soon.. gonna redo my entire system tonight and reload it and hopefully it wont take anyother of my 3 licenses.. oddly bitdefender also keeps blocking my wifes computer as she has bitdefender and her system keeps doing a port scan on my system and keeps blocking it..

wish me luck lol...

Jeremy

• I just bought a 2 yr sub to Bitdefender 2012 Total Security and having this issue.. ironiclly though i installed it last week and been having no issues.. this 2 days ago can log into wow or beta and just keeps booting me out etc...

i have done everything including go back to norton 360 atm.. Bitdefender will take some getting use to etc but i am loving it ... and takes alot less resources but i need my applications to work.. sent in 2 support tickets.. if i can get this resolved great otherwise gonna get a refund before my 30 days is up..

maybe soon.. gonna redo my entire system tonight and reload it and hopefully it wont take anyother of my 3 licenses.. oddly bitdefender also keeps blocking my wifes computer as she has bitdefender and her system keeps doing a port scan on my system and keeps blocking it..

wish me luck lol...

Jeremy

Meh,

This is still an issue. BD also has a current issue with VLC media player. Uninstalling...again. Might be back in another year.lol.

• I formatted my system and reinstalled Bitdefender seems to be working with no issue.. so far so good

• FrEaZeR
    edited April 2012

Well i'm still using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 going to test the wow installer tonight again if i have time on another machine with 2012 ...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome back.

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me know if everything is OK after the upgrade.

Take care.

• Well everything seems to be oke with World of Warcraft now no more error with the installer and nothing special in game , going to check some other applications that they used to have problems before ...

Thanks for the fix guys .

BTW dont you think you're making the firewall too severe ? :P

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am glad that now you can play your favorite game.

Since this case was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.