Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Bell Dsl

Options

I had been having issues with my dsl connection for the last few weeks.

Been troubleshooting forever until I started disabling non-MS services.

Come to find out that Bitdefender itself was and is the cause of the connection issues.

The issue in question is as follows;

When I ran speedtest.net, with BD enabled, the test results would spike all over the place, thus not being a stable connection & the ping would be upwards of 200.

With the 3 BD services disabled, the connection is perfectly stable & the ping is in the low teens.

Never had an issue with BD until I switched to a dsl connection.

What can I do to continue using BD with DSL flawlessly or do I need to ask for a refund?

Comments

• L.o.D.
    Options

Guess I'm going to have to ask for a refund since no one will help me out.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Hhmmm, 3 days and not a single response from a mod or tech.

So I guess it's ok for me to buy this & not get any support for it?

If that is the case, who do I speak to for a refund since I cannot get any help with this issue at all?

• Math_Matei
    Options

Hello L.o.D.

do not rush to make incorrect statements to the BitDefender team.

It's the final week, however, are convinced that Monday you will answer your problem!

If you somehow console, I use DSL and it works ok.

Regards,

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• L.o.D.
    Options

What "incorrect" statements are you referring to?

The fact that when I have Bitdefender IS enabled, my dsl connection is downgraded badly to where pages fail to load?

Or the fact that I have yet to get a reply from one of their forum techs that usually reply pretty quick to issues?

BTW, I am in Canada, so just because your dsl works ok with it over there does not mean it will every where.

I troubleshooted for a few weeks and it is in fact to do with BD 2012.

• Hello L.o.D., we meet again :)

With the 3 BD services disabled, the connection is perfectly stable & the ping is in the low teens.

Have you tried to disable each module and test to see which one is causing the issue ? Or it's a must to have all 3 disabled ?

Furthermore, except the ping value, what exactly happens to the connection to call it unstable ? Can you give me some examples please ?

I understand that you are using BitDefender Internet Security, however, what version of it ? 2009,2010,2011 or 2012 ? Last but not least, please tell me your ISP Company, your Operating System (including PC architecture) and a screenshot of the Firewall settings within BitDefender Security Center.

Regards,

• L.o.D.
    Options

Dany, I tried just disabling the modules first with no luck & that is when I tried killing the services to which it then worked fine.

As for being unstable, I am referring to when I run the test at speedtest.net. The graph that shows during the test spikes wildly with the services running.

It happened with BD IS 2010 or 2011. I forget which I had before upgrading to 2012. But 2012 has this issue as well and it's only with the dsl connection which is Bell.

Win7 x64.

Architecture?

Firewall settings are default.

I do have an open ticket now, but want to see if maybe you guys here can come up with some ideas as well.

• Hi,

Architecture = x86 or x64 PCs :)

I've noticed you already have a ticket open 7 hours ago with my colleague Mihaela. Ticket ID: 201108081038425. I've taken ownership of the ticket and sent you instructions on how to further investigate via email.

Kind regards,

• L.o.D.
    Options

Always x64. :)

• Smart choice :) Since you are online, would you agree to a quick remote session to perform some tests ? I will be in the office for another 4 hours so please let me know via PM.