Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full Version Or Add-on?

Options

Hi.

First I'd like to congratulate Bitdefender on their TrafficLight program. I hope it will continue to be developed and continue to be free.

Now for my questions,

I have some difficulties understanding the precise way TL functions (I'm using the Firefox add-on).

I know it scans in realtime but where does it get the database from? Bitdefender's servers? In that case is it a pure "on the cloud" app?

What about the differences from the full install? Does this last one install a database? Is it more effective than the browser add-on (I don't mean the nember of features, I mean the effectiveness of the common features).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options

Hy Jose,

Thanks for taking and interest in TrafficLight and being part of the people who use it and give us back feedback so we can improve it.

I'll take you questions one by one and answer them .

The main difference between the extension and the full product is that the full version scans the HTTP traffic that reaches your browser with both MALWARE & ANTIPHISHING engines, and cloud based dectection , where as the extension only uses cloud detection and a database of signatures for ANTIPHISHING.

The full version is more effective than the extension have several layers of detection as I mentioned above , but the convenient about the extensions are they are cross-platform(we're also looking into making the full version cross-platform).

So as far of malware detection the extension will have some obvious cons due to the fact the traffic isn't scanned with our malware engines which you also find in the AV.

Hope I explained things ok , but if not please continue to ask you question here.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Thanks for the answer Daniel. Things are clear now.

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad to be of help.

Best regards.

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ...the full version scans the HTTP traffic that reaches your browser with both MALWARE & ANTIPHISHING engines, and cloud based detection, where as the extension only uses cloud detection and a database of signatures for ANTIPHISHING.

So then in the extension, the cloud for malware and the sigs for antiphishing??

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options
    So then in the extension, the cloud for malware and the sigs for antiphishing??

Yes , you are correct.

• I see where the August 9 version of 0.1.20 enables the antifraud filter.

So...

Antifraud, cloud or sigs?

Search results, cloud or sigs?

That should be it. Thanks!!

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    Options

Antifraud - cloud based

Search results - cloud based

• I decided to give the full version a try and I must say I'm impressed.

It scans both sites and search results in real time and I noticed no conflicts with my other security apps.

The only problem is that it slows down browsing considerably. Will this issue be adressed in future upgrades?

Also, do the devs have some idea for when it will be out of beta?

Regards.

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Impact on browsing speed has been reduced , and it will be available in a future update. Regarding the BETA stage , can't say right now when it will be over.

• Thanks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.