Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Lacking Reporting Of Applications Trying To Access The Internet

Options

I installed BitDefender 2012 for the first time today, and I have to say it's the most disappointing version of BitDefender I've ever seen. Gone are the days when I could control my firewall within BitDefender. Instead of prompting whether or not applications should be allowed to access the internet, BitDefender 2012 does it all for me even though I turned this garbage autopilot off.

Where is the report slider? For example, in BitDefender 2011, there are settings for the firewall. Imagine that. There are settings for BitDefender in the older version! Whoa, what a concept. There's a setting called Protection Level, and there's a slider that I can slide from Allow All, Allow Known Programs, Report, and Deny All. Are these settings available in the new BitDefender? If not, why not? This is the setting I want control over most. Also, I can no longer see system rules of the firewall? Before, I would be able to go to the Programs tab under Firewall, click on the Advanced button, and it would show me a list of application rules and system rules. Now, all I can see are application rules, and I did not approve their access. BitDefender did it for me.

Is there a way for me to view all system rules & application rules within BitDefender 2012? Is there a way I can set the firewall to report so that it asks me every time whether or not a program should be granted internet access? How long will BitDefender 2011 be supported, and does BitDefender 2012 work with XP x64?

I guess I should have been part of the beta testing team. This new version lacks functionality, and the interface is so much worse than in BitDefender 2011.

If I am able to access these settings, please let me know where to find them. If they're not available within BitDefender 2012, please add them so I don't take this program as a joke as it is in its current state.

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, you can see all the Rules if you open BitDefender Firewall Advanced Settings page. You have three types of rules:

- General Rules;

- Application Rules (Programs tab in 2011);

- Adapter Rules (the network tab in 2011)

If you enable the Paranoid Mode of the Firewall module then you will notified with every connection is made for applications and system files trying to connect to the internet.

• Yes, you can see all the Rules if you open...

- General Rules;

If you enable the Paranoid Mode of the Firewall ....

Hi

NO. You cannot see all rules under "General Rules" that MUST be seen and editing (like BD2011).

And for the "Paranoid" mode, is a really deep paranoid -if you know the meaning of this Greek word- mode that infects other parts of software.

Finally and for all the behavior (and the look) of new version I have to say that you have managed to turn the best antivirus (2011) into garbage.

I am very disappointed and I hope that you will see very soon what you have done and fix it.

So back to BD2011.

Regards

• Hi

NO. You cannot see all rules under "General Rules" that MUST be seen and editing (like BD2011).

And for the "Paranoid" mode, is a really deep paranoid -if you know the meaning of this Greek word- mode that infects other parts of software.

Finally and for all the behavior (and the look) of new version I have to say that you have managed to turn the best antivirus (2011) into garbage.

I am very disappointed and I hope that you will see very soon what you have done and fix it.

So back to BD2011.

Regards

I have the same opinion and I'm now back by BD2011 too...

• I have the same opinion and I'm now back by BD2011 too...

I fully agree with the comments made in this thread. I too have reverted back to BD2011.

I sincerely hope BD team would re incorporate all these missing features back into 2012

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Users of this product from Russia, too, are asked to return to a more flexible configuration of the firewall.

• Hi.

I agree that the 2012 version is lacking a lot of flexibility. I hope there would be better changes when the beta version comes out.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Have a nice day.