Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downloading Problem

Options

Hi. I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012. I am having a problem in downloading any file. IDM is not working at all. Normal download window is either taking a long time or not downloading at all. Any feature in BIS 2012 that can be turned off to resolve this issue ? Thanks. Waiting for reply.

Comments

• Math_Matei
    Options

You encounter problems on some sites? You can list here on what sites you can not download files with IDM?

I use IDM and the only problem that I have with it is related to the number of connections.

Otherwise everything is working OK.

Are you sure you use the latest version of IDM?

Expect details on the internet broswer used.

There are some sites to which there, IDM can download over static rather than if there is a combination of keys.

Regards,

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Taru
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem since I upgraded from BIS 2011 to BIS 2012. This 2012 version have so many bugs, I'm really disappointed, I think it should be a beta version. I can list some bugs: conflicts with IDM, auto blocks some normal apps (VLC) which not alerts (I turned off Auto pilot mode), cannot install apps which must be installed via the own download manager (Hotspot shield, Iolo System Mechanic).

Sorry for my comments. I think this version have many good features which I really like them (Auto pilot) but please fix bugs as soon as possible.

I'm satisfied with BIS 2011 and really appreciate Bitdefender.

• Hello,

Ram_neo: your ticket ID is: 201108091001264. Please follow the steps enclosed in the email I've sent you and reply with the requested log file. Also please mention any details about the issue that you may find useful. Include the steps you take for the issue you occur, the browser used, the version of IDM etc. Feel free to include the smallest details that could help me better understand the issue and find the right resolution.

Taru: Please read my comment above and check your email address associated with your forum account. Your ticket ID is: 201108091001488.

Best regards,

• ram_neo
    edited August 2011
    Options

I tried downloading files from Filesonic, hotfile etc. It waits for a long time then it prompts me to download, file size is not shown in the IDM window. If I click "start download" it will stay at "connecting" then it will say "timed out". This happens even if I download it without a download manager. Yes, I am using the latest version of IDM and am using Google chrome 13. I tested this even on IE9, Firefox 5. The same thing is happening on all browsers.

• Math_Matei
    Options
    I tried downloading files from Filesonic, hotfile etc. It waits for a long time then it prompts me to download, file size is not shown in the IDM window. If I click "start download" it will stay at "connecting" then it will say "timed out". This happens even if I download it without a download manager. Yes, I am using the latest version of IDM and am using Google chrome 13. I tested this even on IE9, Firefox 5. The same thing is happening on all browsers.

You are convinced that if you uninstall BitDefender, you will be able to download from these sites?

As I said, there are certain sites that require a combination of keys, to force download with IDM

We license much time IDM program, and I know what I mean.

My advice is to contact technical support IDM, to tell you which sites are certainly problems and will help with valuable information. Bitdefender is not responsible for your problem.

I looked for you and forget your problems.

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/reg...main.cgi?mode=1

Please let us know if everything is ok now.

Regards

• Thank you for your reply. DanyDan has given me a ticket ID. I've attached the log as per their request. Now If I want to download I simply do it by clicking on Bitdefender patch 1 to stop it and clicking on the second patch to start it because even turning off firewall, virus protection will not allow me to download. I will wait for the technical support team to give me a solution. Thank you for your assitance.

• Hi Neo,

Please confirm the following:

- the download issue is related to downloads made using IDM;

- the issue resolves if you disable "Auto Scan" option;

- you have IDS disabled;

- you have AVC disabled;

- do the download issue occur only on certain sites or on all sites ? If only only few, please provide me with all those sites;

What patches are you referring to ?

• @DanyDan : Thank you for your assistance.

the download issue is related to downloads made using IDM : No its not. Even If I download it without a manager downloads are slow but I am able to download.

the issue resolves if you disable "Auto Scan" option : Partially Yes, IDM downloads but with only one connection and is really slow.

you have IDS disabled : Does not make a difference. Still downloads with one connection and is slow.

you have AVC disabled : No difference. Still downloads with one connection and is slow.

I have a premium membership in filesonic.com. First I thought there was an issue with this site. But it seems to happen on other sites as well (microsoft.com, ati.amd.com, etc.)

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...issues-810.html - Please check C. Use our restore patches.

Even I shut the firewall, Antivirus, etc. off the downloading problem still persists. I figured shutting down and restarting bitdefender without system reboot is possible with these two patches. So I use them when I want to download something. I know its a lame method. I really like this product but I cannot do a system reboot every time I want to download something.

• this happen to me too

not only it conflict with IDM but also other download manager such as JDownloader

in IDM case, it takes long time to get the file info and 1st connection will take long time to connect while 2nd connection not able to connect

I tried to pause and resume but download can't resume even though I'm using premium account

in JDownloader case, 1st connection take long time to connect and 2nd connection not able to connect

after few minutes 1st connection disconnected and start download from 0

I believe the problem exist in BIS 2012 not download manager

I have BIS 2012 installed on laptop and BIS 2011 on desktop

desktop working fine while laptop having problem with download (on wifi usually 1.3~1.6mbps now only 10~100kbps)

few hours ago I decided to upgrade to BIS on my desktop to 2012 version

now my desktop having the same problem with laptop

before upgrade my download running around 100~117kbps

after upgrade it went down to 30~60kbps

I'm going to revert back to 2011 version until problem solved

• Math_Matei
    Options

IDM all issues have been resolved by recent update released

• ram_neo
    edited August 2011
    Options

I am still having the same problem. Update did not change anything.

• Hello,

The fix for this issue was not yet released on the market. It will be release with the next major product update.

There is a workaround that will disable the TrafficLight - the module causing the issue. You will need to rename the file BDTL.DLL from the installation folder in Windows Safe Mode.

bdtl.dll default file location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\Bitdefender 2012

- you can rename the file from bdtl.dll into bdtl.old;

NOTE:

- you need to keep the updates disabled so the file will not be restored after you've renamed it;

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Please let me know if renaming the file above solves the download issue.

Regards,

• @DanyDan: The workaround worked. Thanks a lot.

• Glad I could help :) When the fix will be release simply update BitDefender. Until I announce the release please keep the auto update disabled.

Regards,

• Okay. No problem. Thanks again.

• Glad I could help :) When the fix will be release simply update BitDefender. Until I announce the release please keep the auto update disabled.

Regards,

Please take a look at my problem http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28469

• this happen to me too

not only it conflict with IDM but also other download manager such as JDownloader

in IDM case, it takes long time to get the file info and 1st connection will take long time to connect while 2nd connection not able to connect

I tried to pause and resume but download can't resume even though I'm using premium account

in JDownloader case, 1st connection take long time to connect and 2nd connection not able to connect

after few minutes 1st connection disconnected and start download from 0

I believe the problem exist in BIS 2012 not download manager

I have BIS 2012 installed on laptop and BIS 2011 on desktop

desktop working fine while laptop having problem with download (on wifi usually 1.3~1.6mbps now only 10~100kbps)

few hours ago I decided to upgrade to BIS on my desktop to 2012 version

now my desktop having the same problem with laptop

before upgrade my download running around 100~117kbps

after upgrade it went down to 30~60kbps

I'm going to revert back to 2011 version until problem solved

i got the same problem.

server does not allow multi connections.

download failure.

without bitdefender IS 2012 installed, everything works normally

• svbk
    Options

Waiting for the fix. Really don't know when it releases.

• Waiting for the fix. Really don't know when it releases.

Yeah me too <_< Already done what DanyDan suggest. My IDM, Driver Genius working again but to ensure that I cannot update my BDTS 2012. Really hoping this prob will be fix fast. Been using BDTS since 2009 and keep upgrading each year, I must say in term of interface 2012 is fabulous but now got prob it really disappointing. Cmon2 BD tech fix this fast, already spend a lot of money on this product :rolleyes:

• hi,

on 20-august-2011 my acer laptop got infected with koobface facebook virus. I am using mcafee internet security since 2008 registered .

i tried to uninstall n install mcafee but it didnot work then for the first time in my life i changed brand to bid 2012 total security, following is my experience...

my net connection has become slow i use starcomms in nigeria...

my idm didnot give me the download paramater i need only 1 connection instead of my choice no resumable links as before

my uniblue registry booster 2011 cant register and is stuck always..............

i wish bid team does something about this in form of a a major update instead of workarounds

i decide to give bid a few more weeks after that i will decide which way to go , i didnot compalint to the team as i have read from their forum comments they are working on it.

but must say its a real bummer on their (bid) part.........

shatish

• You are convinced that if you uninstall BitDefender, you will be able to download from these sites?

As I said, there are certain sites that require a combination of keys, to force download with IDM

We license much time IDM program, and I know what I mean.

My advice is to contact technical support IDM, to tell you which sites are certainly problems and will help with valuable information. Bitdefender is not responsible for your problem.

I looked for you and forget your problems.

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/reg...main.cgi?mode=1

Please let us know if everything is ok now.

Regards

• I neet to highlight that idm is a pretty simple downloader and works fine with most antivirus and fire wall settings.

it is not filesonic site or any particular site which has a problem , i have oron, hotfile, rapidshare, easy share, depositfil and many more filesharing sites whichnow cannot be downloaded using idm after bid installation. but idm works very well on mcafee suites ........

so pls find a lasting solution rather that give misinformation about force downloads keys etc............

also pls note uniblue products 2011 cant even register with bid 2012 installed ...........

i know what i am saying from a customer point of view so pls help.....................

• I neet to highlight that idm is a pretty simple downloader and works fine with most antivirus and fire wall settings.

it is not filesonic site or any particular site which has a problem , i have oron, hotfile, rapidshare, easy share, depositfil and many more filesharing sites whichnow cannot be downloaded using idm after bid installation. but idm works very well on mcafee suites ........

so pls find a lasting solution rather that give misinformation about force downloads keys etc............

also pls note uniblue products 2011 cant even register with bid 2012 installed ...........

i know what i am saying from a customer point of view so pls help.....................

Dont u read? Juz do what DanyDan suggesting and all should be working fine for time being.

• Hello,

Stnair2000: I will never understand why some people feel the need to post the exact same issue even if there are already multiple topics open on the same subject. With all due respect, do you people read the other topics or you only care for your own topic ? Why do we have to confuse everyone by posting the same thing over and over again ? I truly can't understand it.

Please check the topic below and let me know if the issue persist after the last update released.

Right click on the BitDefender icon and select "Update Now". Wait for the process to complete then restart the PC.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336

Regards,